Azonic KZ1 Frameset

Azonic KZ1 Frameset

Azonic KZ1

[Nov 20, 2003]
Philly Devour

Strength:

Fast, accurate steering, beatiful shiny finish, super responsive, light, quick climber and acceration due to stiffness....Indestructible. Did I say mesmorizing.

Supa stiff, must couple with a plush shock or it will rattle your teeth out.

This is the BMW of bikes as set up. I had the bike custom built. I slalom bud, who owned the same frame, found this frame for me on sale in 1998.
This bike is a superstar......from the looks I get from the street to the trails. Forget walking the dog to the park, chick want to pet my Azonic. I love this bike........other envy it.
For value i will give 6 chilis. I had no idea this frame was worth this much. I am a lucky boy.

First Alumi frame...........always a cromy.

[Apr 16, 2001]
s.m.f.

Strength:

this bike does it all

none for even riding it for 4 years

I bought this bike complete at first, the set up was decent. after riding the bike for three years with a few upgrades, i decided to make some major changes added all the parts above. i dont know what the bike looked like when it came from the factory because the bike shop had it powdercoated yellow the paint looks awesome after 4 yrs. Bottom line the frame has gone through alot of stuff and havent had a problem yet. i have gone through 4 wheel sets through the life of this bike. the handling is just amazing goes were i want it and is nicely predictable. I have thought about buying a new frame and transferring parts but i just cant stop loving this bike.

jamis, raliegh, gt

[Dec 05, 2000]
Ronnie Silos

Strength:

Awesome finish
Amazingly lite
Collectors item
Climbs fast
Perfect handling
As durable as can be

If you ever have the chance to get one of these, grab it. It just doesn't get any better! Will pass this on to my kids and their kids. On second thought, I will never let go of this frame. It will remain hard to get!

None compares

[Jun 25, 2000]
Big Bear Duals Champ

Strength:

This frame has it all! Lighter than the ds-1 frame(16 inch = 3.4 lbs.!!!) It's also stiffer than my ds-1. cooler decals too! kinda has that factory supercross look to it!

Kind of hard to find...i talked to 1 azonic dealer who didnt even know this frame existed! Also, a little more expensive than the azonic ds-1 ( about $499 for the kz1 versus $399 for the ds-1) but it s easily worth every penny and more!!!

FIND THIS BIKE. BUY THIS BIKE. I havent touched my intense or even my other azonic bike since i got this bike...don't tell the bike shop, but id have paid twice as much for this bike if i had to! Currently saving up money to buy a second kz-1 as a backup racebike. Killer!

Azonic ds-1 gt zaskar(sold that one the moment i got home from my first ride on the kz-1 :) also intense tracer

[Jun 19, 2001]
Davy Beeton

Strength:

Bombproof,lightweight,well finished

Unforgiving

My first custom built mountain bike.Very quick on the climbs but nervous handling at speed due to excessive stiffness in the frame.Bone jarring ride on hard ground

Trek 7000,GT Zaskar,Giant alu

[Feb 06, 2004]
kz1rider

Strength:

stiff, responsive, climbs like a mountain goat! excellent build quality, polished finish, rare!

stiff, polished finish, rare!

I loved the way my Schwinn handled but I just couldn't pass up this baby when my friend offered it to me. It was hardly used and was in great shape. Stiff frame means great power transfer and makes it responsive to changes in direction. Polished finish has a few scratches already but I still have to make up my mind if I should have it powder-coated or not. With all the hype of disc brakes and full boingers here, this bike is a stealth machine. People often ask what frame is that or what brakes are those. Oh well. Compared to the Moab 2 it gives a harsher ride, but hey I can always get up from the saddle to take care of that. Maybe a thudbuster or moxy seatpost is in its future but this bike is definitely a keeper. When I finally built it up the former owner rode it and kinda wanted it back haha

former bike was a Schwinn Moab 2

[Jul 19, 2005]
Pedro Brajal
Downhiller

Strength:

Very light frame and nice to do tricks

the graphics are stickers

It was a pioneer in 1995 of what a dual frame should be, light and strong, and with a nice slopping. I would bought it again for sure.

24 letoy many years after...

[Oct 15, 2004]
Daniel Marcello

Strength:

Amazing geomerty for climing and buring down hills. super strong with no flex. triple budded aluminum (i dont know if the newer years are or not).

none. i have always liked the way it perfromed. they gave me one without the Azonic frame stickers, but replaced with World Force stickers and repainted over the chrome with grey. but this does not hurt the performance at all.

best frame for the money. super light and super tough. i have ridden it very rough and it has held up for years. won races with it and also do trials with it. all around amazing bike.

Dean Ti frame.