Fatback Aluminum Fat Bikes

The most advanced and refined snowbike frame on the market, the Aluminum Fatback is made in the US and features: Tapered head tube, Direct mount front deraileur, 6000 series custom extruded tubing and Annodized finish.

coyotegulch   [Oct 21, 2013]
Strength:

Quality of the frame, Fatback carbon fork is amazing, great ride and handling, quality of all the Fatback components is excellent.

first Fatback imported hub free hub body failed in about 6 months, but Fatback replaced it quickly with a steel one.

I own a Ti HT 29er and a FS 29er, and In the last 18 months this has become my favorite ride. The quality of the frame and the Fatback components are excellent. I love riding it all year. Take some time to play with the tire pressure to get it just right for every condition.
Get one!

MartinS   All Mountain Rider [Feb 23, 2013]
Strength:

One of the few Fatbikes to embrace current standards - 30.9 seatpost and a tapered headtube is a plus for making sure your latest purchase won't be obsolete too soon. Aluminium frame makes sense for a bike that will be used in snow, carbon fork is pretty sweet! Price is pretty reasonable too, cost me $100 less than a Moonlander and it weighs less too. The Fatback's run a wider rear hub which allows for a symetrical rear end.

Fatback/Speedway are not the fastest when it comes to answering e-mails.

I wanted a bike that I could run a dropper post on easily if I wanted, Surly and Salsa seem stuck on 27.2 post sizes (didn't want to buy another post - easy to swap one out from my summer ride). I also wanted a tapered HT and the Fatback fit the bill (along with the new 907) and had the nicest complete build spec for the price. Speedway upgraded the tires to Nate's no problem and bumping up to the carbon fork wasn't super pricey either. I swapped out the brakes, bars and stem to hydraulic, wider and shorter version respectably. I also like that the HT angle wasn't so 'XC' which makes it handle reasonably well on the dh's - at 69 deg it is still the steepest of any of my bikes, but at least with the tapered HT I can slack it out with an adjustible headset if I want.

Similar Products Used: Pugsley
Mikemcg   [Jun 26, 2012]
Strength:

Great handling, comfort, ease of maintenance, colors

Weight, tire choices

I have had my Fatback for 1.5 years now and it has become my off-road bike of choice. That is quite a statement when you consider that my other bikes are great in their own way (one a 22.5 pound hardtail and the other a 25.5 pound dual suspension rig). I have ridden the Fatback in all kinds of snow, mud, rocks, tree roots, creek beds, beach sand, hardpack, cinders, and ashphalt. It floats through the snow and does not knife in like its thinner tired cousins, it handles mud, rocks, tree foots and sand much better too. I choose riding the fattie probably 5 to 1 over the other bikes.
The only disadvantage is riding on whooped out trails where suspension tames the rollers a little better. The weight difference is noticeable at first, but I found that after I got quite used to the extra 9 pounds, it doesn't make much of a difference after all.
It is sweet to have a bike that is reliable, proven (Fatbacks have been built for a long time now), and so simple to maintain-no suspension to fiddle with. I highly recommend one to anyone in the colder climates who would like to expand their riding season as was my original intention. The real bonus with the Fatback is after you realize what you have been missing in the winter, you'll still have it to discover its benefits in the other seasons and it may just become your bike of choice!