HAIBIKE SDURO FullSeven LT 4.0 Electric Bike

HAIBIKE SDURO FullSeven LT 4.0 Electric Bike

The ultra-versatile 150mm travel 2018 FullSeven LT (Long Travel) models which give you the ability to safely and comfortably tackle more terrain than ever. The SDURO FullSeven LT 4.0 features a hydroformed aluminum frame with modern trail bike geometry. Power assist is provided by a Yamaha PW-SE System, 500W motor fed by a Yamaha Lithium Ion, 400Wh battery. Comes equipped with SR Suntour Aion LO-R Lockout 150mm fork, SR Suntour Duair LO-R8 80% Lockout 150mm shock, Sram NX, 11-speed shifting system, Alexrims MD21 27.5" wheelset shod with Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25" tires and Tektro M285 brakes.

[Apr 19, 2018]
Kurt68

Strength:

I am 50 years old, road cycled for years but have not been on a bike of any sort in about 10 years. I am 6' tall weigh 230 pounds and recently moved to Germany for work for at least a year...I decided to try and go car-less and brought my old training road bike (Steel frame, shimano ultegra large geared) and found quickly that I was just not in any sort of shape to commute 20 miles round trip on it. There is a path to work that follows the Rhine so decided to go with an eMTB, I normally like to buy the best of the best however did not want to spend the kind of money it would take to get the best eMTB and after much thought went with the SDuro FullSeven LT 4.0 mostly because it has the mid level groupo. The Yamaha SW-SE engine and 400W battery enable me to take it easier on the trip to work reducing the amount of sweat. You can definitely tell a difference between when using ECO-STD-or High level of assist and easily travel at 14mph without excessive effort on the flats. The assistance up hill is great. Round trip to work and back uses about half the batter for the 21 miles. The strengths for me were the mid level groupo, a brand name that seems to be good, and on the rides I have taken it a sound machine. I have gone on two mountain rides, and was very pleased with the ability to climb with or without electronic assistance and the decents were fun. I am not an experienced MTB rider so as far as the handling on the single track sections I traveled I have no other bike to compare it with.

The weight of the bike...going from my old Colnago C50/Campy record setup to this monster is a bit of a large difference. The groupo is my first SRam NX system, and though middle of the range. I am disappointed in the shifting, at times cannot get it to change a single gear it will jump a couple. Say downshifting hit lever once and it does nothing hit it again and it shifts two gears down. I wish I had spent a bit more and gotten into the 5.0 or 6.0 models at least.

Price Paid: