BionX PL-350 Motor System Electric Bike

PL-350 Motor System

The new generation: Light motor, throttle-power + proportional assist, 350W. The most versatile model: powerful enough to cruise without pedaling, this motor also features the patented BionX proportional assist feature. These models are ideal for riders who want more.

Steve56303   Cross Country Rider [Mar 12, 2015]
Strength:

Just works.

Easy to adjust between an assist level of 1-4.

Re-gen braking is automatic.

Once you are started the throttle is great for starts in the city or wherever.

Battery is lockable on the frame or easy to take off. One plug in to charge and has a good trickle charging system.

Riding with the assist is just a blast. In very low gears I can climb things I never could before. Add the throttle and 5 miles into a tough headwind is no big deal.

In 0 deg F to -20 deg F I only get 10-15 miles from this - but that is a function of physics. As I live in Minnesota I wish I'd opted for the higher amp model.

I have one of these on a Surly Moonlander fat tire bike and I can say, without hesitation, that it is the most fun with a bike I've ever had in my 30 years of biking.

I use it for everything from grocery runs to trail rides. Easy to turn off the motor if you want a workout, but easy to turn on and you always feel like you are going down a gentle slope with a tailwind - no matter what terrain is coming.

Makes riding though 8" of snow a pleasure ride.

OVERALL
rhiney   [May 06, 2012]
Strength:

Powerful. -L model is very long distance (60 miles+). Regenerates like a Prius when you squeeze the brakes. Power makes you feel like a strong wind at your back but you still need to pedal.

None yet found.

This is a great system. Instead of an electric motorcycle or electric scooter, this system is a true electric assist system. It makes you feel like Superman on your own bike and goes forever.

OVERALL