Turner DHR DW-Link Downhill Full Suspension

Turner DHR DW-Link Downhill Full Suspension

In downhill racing you only have a few minutes to make your day. This is no place for heavy, sluggish freeride sleds or half baked linkage curves. Only a purpose built downhill bike will put you within reach of the podium. Building on eight years of DHR geometry excellence, this race bike will have you railing corners and gaining speed when others are feathering their brakes. Using the newest version of the World Champion proven DW-link, this bike will out accelerate every other design on the race course. With the patented anti-squat technology the rear suspension won?t lock out under power, allowing the rear tire to hook up while you rip out of corners.

[Jun 23, 2016]
enduro
Downhiller

Strength:

low BB allows for fast cornering.
jumps very well. After coming from a Demo9, I'm thrilled with how well it jumps
soaks up bumps like a dream
the faster you ride it the better it feels.

chain growth. based on my measurement I'm seeing approx 35mm of growth at full compression.

This bike is fast. It corners unbelievably well. The slack head angle and low BB are confidence inspiring features. Just need to be aware of foot position to avoid pedal strikes. It soaks up the small bumps and big hits and feel bottomless. It jumps quite well and covers my mistakes nicely. I swapped out the RC4 with a CCDBA. I was running 35% sag and using full travel on every run down Dirt Merchant, A-Line, Angry Pirate etc. I never experienced any harsh bottom out whatsoever. Running 35% sag was an accident, but it made for a very plush ride. I typically run 30% sag with the CCDBA. I was able to build my sled to 36.15lbs which feels very light compared to my previous bike (Demo 9 DH 42lbs).

Demo 9, Rocky Mountain Flatline, V10, Titus Supermoto DH, Intense M1

[Jan 04, 2015]
Patrick
Downhiller

Strength:

Just about everything awesome quality the bike rides like a complete beast . Superbalanced traction for miles upon miles and corners like its on rails . Best pedaling downhill bike I ever ridden and I find it to be super plush

None that I can find at best maybe it's a little low to the ground but keep your pedals flat and you're fine

Best downhill bike ever

[Apr 28, 2012]
Steven

Strength:

Best DH bike I have ridden period. Pedals great thanks to DW, yet the suspension is still active enough to soak up anything in your path. American made. Inspires confidence on any terrain. Geometry seems spot on, definitely slack and low but nothing your average rider couldn't handle. I've ridden many of the big name DH bikes out there (Demo, Glory, 303r, Session, 951, etc. ) and can honestly say the DHR is far superior to anything else out there. Can't beat Turner's customer service either. Trust me, money well spent.

Only downside to this bike is the price, but for what you get it is well worth $6k. Doesn't play well with mud either.

Been riding my 2011 DHR for the last year with 0 problems. Linkage was rebuilt once and now feels brand new again. I've ridden it everywhere from rocky, steep bike parks to flowy jump lines and it truly excels at anything you throw at it.

[Feb 01, 2012]
alphajong

Strength:

quality dh frame.. solid..

weight.. medium size [11lbs actual wt].. but what u expect for a DH frame that has quality & well engineered..

it handles everything that u throw.. very low riding machine, has balanced & quiet.. dw link acts proggressively in small & big bumps.. AMAZING Beast.. AMAZING FRAME!!

position of dw link perfecto!! magnifico!! well-designed 8-)

trek session 88 dh, santa cruz v10, giant glory dh, azonic dh, intense m6, demo 8

[Aug 07, 2011]
fuscopd
Downhiller

Strength:

Geometry is perfect!! Slack and Low!! Rails berms better than any bike I have ridden.

Took a long time to get the shock dialed in. Not the plushes bike I have riden. Chain slap is bad but small price to pay for the pedaling.

This bike pedals amazing. Really, for a DH bike, it pedals amazing. I ride it up Anderson (5 mile climb). I ride it up Ted Williams. The bike pedals way better then any other DH bike I have ridden.

A lot of the DH courses we ride in San Diego have flat spots that you need to pedal and this bike pedals through them at will.

It handles big hit perfect. The geometry is amazing. The bike wants to go fast.

The only down side is it is not the most plush DH bike I have riden. It soaks everthing up, but, it is not super plush.

Personally, I like my front end plush (why I ride a 888), but having the back end that lively keeps you pedaling through stuff you other wise wouldn't.

I have been really impressed with the new Demos. This bike is not as plush as the demo, but corners as well. The low stack height on the headset allows you to keep your bars low wich for me, helps me stay low in corners and rail them faster than ever. However, the Demo can not compare in pedaling.

If you live places where you have to pedal through some flat spots or you real need to stand on the pedals to clear the next double, then this is a really good choice.

PS, it took a solid 4 weeks to get the rear end setup. The geometry is progressive and I kept making my spring tension softer to get the bike more plush, this kind of backfired. I found that having the sag set perfectly, 30% makes the bike more plush because if you sag it out to much, you are sitting to far in the the stroke and the bike progression ramps up.

DHR2007, 951, Demo 8, Norco A Line

[Mar 16, 2011]
Sad-ac
Downhiller

Strength:

Well built, well engineered, attention to detail, lighter than previous frames.

Turner say they are talking to a supplier to make a carbon fender to keep the cack out of the rear shock, for me this should come with the frame as standard for this sort of cash. I made one from an old mudguard, does the trick. Keep in mind this is the only thing I can grumble about, so no biggy.

Out of the 3 DHR's I have owned this is the best by far, it is planted and fast. The bottom bracket is low (have to setup the rear shock properly, as you do with any bike!) My old 2001 DHR was this low also, corners like a dream but you do have to adjust your pedals going into sections. That said you end up doing it without thinking, I see this as more of something you just get used to apposed to a failing. The one thing I did notice was the steeper the hill the faster the bike wanted to go, what I mean was within 3 runs on this on my first uplift day my speed had improved because of the bike not the rider, this thing just wants to go faster. Pedals well also.

One other thing, I think the frame looks quite industrial in the pictures. When you see the frame in the flesh it is a lot sleeker and slender than in the pictures. When built up it is a good looking bike.

So far I'm happy with the bike, if that changes I will post again.

If you want to stand in the uplift line and have a good/different bike from everyone else then get one of these bad boys......... You will not regret it.....

Orange 223, Cove Shocker, Giant DH Team, DHR 2001, DHR 2005

[Jan 26, 2011]
jrjess
Downhiller

Strength:

A definite upgrade from the previous DHR in terms of build, ride and performance quality. From the first time you lay eyes on the frame, simplicity and true detailed engineering can be seen. It tracks better than the previous DHR and has a better ride characteristic as well. It begs to be pushed harder and faster in every turn and steep decants from the get go. Its stable on the jumps, drops and especially when the trail get rough. With the DW-Link this legendary DHR has been upgraded to another level where this will be the benchmark for other downhill bikes to beat. It will definitely live up to all the beating and abuse the owner can throw at it and still be ready to take some more over the years ahead without fail. Head angle is spot on and i don't see any reason to install the angle head set unless you want to change the geometry even further. Tyre clearance is good but the shock cage tends to get mud and debris in them, but with the mud guard in the works, this problem should be eliminated soon. Weld and build quality is premium with this frame, every inch of the bike screams quality. Raw or anodized will be fine, and laser etched decals is a welcome after owning the first batch with stickers that came off after one ride. Thanks to David for another great bike that money can buy and a bike company with the best customer support ever!!!

If you ride hard and want a reliable bike and the best customer care, then get a Turner!!! You will never regret it.......i will never ride another brand when it comes to Downhill Bikes!!!

DHR 07-09