Scott High Octane 1 Downhill Full Suspension

• Shifters: Shimano LX / RF-fire
  • Brake Levers: Hayes El Camino Disc
  • Brakes: Hayes El Camino Disc / 205 mm rotor F+R

mattmattlove   Downhiller [Oct 18, 2009]
Strength:

Very adjustable, Short Wheelbase, Awesome feel

Only ONE, but a HUGE one, when I hit even moderately, my rear tire rubs the back/bottom of my saddle. If I want it to NOT rub I'll have to raise my seat way up, and adjust the seat angle all the way up! I can't ride with a saddle all the way up my butt, so this really bothers me about this bike.

Awesome bike. Best bike I've ever owned/ridden. I LOVE it besides the fact that the tire rubs the seat and there's no way around it on the downhill settings.

Similar Products Used: -
MadMan999 None   Downhiller [Aug 03, 2007]
Strength:

Excellent all around

Support from Scott has been good and bad. They replaced the carbon fibre seat tower quite easily qith some proof that the bike was still under warrenty.BUT no one wants to know this:

With the bike configured for maximum travel, equipped with a 222mm eye-eye-2.75" stroke rear shock (222mm mountings in place)and the seat tower lowered to the downhill possision- THE REAR WHEEL (with only 2.5" tires) HITS UP AGAINST THE SEAT POST TOWER WITH EVEN MODERATE HITS!!!!My DH partner who rides a 2005 Scott High Octane, experiences the same problem as i do with the 2005 frame! You'd have thought 2 years would have been enough to sort it out! Its a bit of a poor mistake to let off the drawing board really.

GREAT BIKE! JUST NEVER USE THE DOWNHILL ANGLE ON THE SEAT TOWER WITH A 2.75" stroke rear shock and maximum travel!!!

Kenne   Weekend Warrior [Sep 25, 2005]
Strength:

Ahhh everything read bottom line

nothing back wheel read bottom line

I loved this bike the first day i had it the next day I destroyed the back wheel off a curb. the Der. hanges snaped and sent the Der. in to the spokes. after 1 week I still dont have it fixxed but I still loved riding it on the first day it was so freaking cool I have it set in the middle hole for the seat. and its in the 8.5 in travel mode with the low bb highth all of the factory riders for scott have it set up that way even Timo. have it set in 3 clock way turns from the shortest headset adj. and it will do great. Thanks Scott for setting me up with the bike when I get the wheel set up I'll have a better diagram or the bike. buy this bike.........................

Similar Products Used: Specialized, Kona, Intense, Giants, you name it I'v probaly riden it.
Danny Fortes   Downhiller [Oct 19, 2005]
Strength:

Tight looks, weight, efficiency.

Needs to be tamed while doing airtime.

Does what it's made for, but not a beginners bike though.

Similar Products Used: Santa Cruz V10
Jacob Bergeron   Downhiller [Jan 28, 2006]
Strength:

The bike handles great. Love how it feels even under breaking. Liked it over any of my friend bikes v10,demo9,8.

None Progressive rear shock, it needs to be progressive

If you are saying this bike is for people with money that can;t ride maybe you can't handle this bike. The bike is made for people to dial in the bike for thier use and I found it super easy to do once I tried adjusting it. If the bike can't handle good under braking force why can I rail trails faster on this bike then on m,y friend v10. The bike is way worth the cash if you want to be fast.

Similar Products Used: Demo 8,9 V10
Eder Savio   Weekend Warrior [Sep 01, 2006]
Strength:

A few beauty

Heavy.
React fairly to both stutters and larger hits.
Exhibit great level of pedal feedback.
High level of brake jack.

I never would buy it.

Similar Products Used: FSRs, V10, DHi.
Alex   Downhiller [Jan 01, 2006]
Strength:

The whole bike is a masterpiece. There is stacks of rear travel to be used in DH and FR aswell as just dropping off and messing with friends. It is agile and the the anti-bob suspension works well when using the bike in XC or riding to a spot. There are 3 settings for seat tube angle that work awesomely. There is XC position, FR position and DH. Also, the bike is built with ajustable headtube angles so that you can setup fork angle. CARBON FIBRE SEATPOST SUPPORT!!!!! THIS BIKE ROCKS!!

This bike designed is for the absolute best rider that will ride it. Not just some rich kid or a hard man with too much money. The bike knows what it wants from the rider and if it doesn't get it, the bike does not feel properly used or justified. Also, many of this bikes great ideas like the carbon fibre seat post stand and the fork angle ajustment ideas will soon be copied by other companies and then the High Octane will not get the proper gratification it deserves for them.

Basically this bike is for the professional or near professional and it does not do it justice for some rich kid to ride it round the street.
IT'S AN AWESOME, UNBELIEVEABLE BIKE!!!

Similar Products Used: 2004 Scott High Octane DH
2004 Scott High Octane FR
I HAVE THE WHOLE FAMILY!!!!
Gerry Lucatero   Downhiller [Dec 23, 2005]
Strength:

NONE!

THE WHOLE DAMN THING!

This was possibly the worst bike I have ever been on (high end wise)obviously Scott is trying to market this bike to the more serious rider with better then average skills but they wont touch this hunk of steaming dog pile! Can you say BRAKE JACK? How 'bout zero suspension when you hit the brakes? The only people that are going to buy this bike are the freds that have zero expeience... not a knock on them, we've all been there, but this bike sucks! Shame on Scott for trying to compete with the real players and for pullin the wool over all the guys on this post that think this is a good bike! Hell, I actually heard that Scott won't offer their employees a deal on these bikes because they are "high-end" LOL!!! Should have stayed in Europe!!!

Similar Products Used: I wouldn't consider an M1, bullit, V10 or any other bike I've bwwn on similiar, hell, my single speed is better then this hunk-o-crap!
Darren Galvin   Cross Country Rider [May 31, 2005]
Strength:

Infinite adjustment.We have hit 15 foot drops in Ocala with no problem on this bike. Very well spec`d out. Adjustable Head tube angle.

The rider finding out limits of the bike (we are not their yet but its going to hurt bad).

Want to say thank to Julian (Scott Rep ) for getting us the bike in 2 days and also Scott Montgomery for all the input about scott bikes and dinner with beers at Nicoles in Wellington.
P.S Julian that waitress with the glasses noticed you LOL.

Similar Products Used: Trek.Gary Fisher (Gotta love that king fisher ).Making up downhill internal gearbox bike next.Got a good mortgage rate to build it.
Jaco Veldsman   Downhiller [Jun 06, 2005]
Strength:

Takes out ANYTHING, excellent components, really stable at speed, very adjustable, more adjustments than ANY other bike ive EVER had. Super strong and light frame.

Comfortable handlebar, but ive bent it 15 footer. Frame needs a shock with a progressive adjuster (i replaced the DHX 4.0 with a 5.0)

The BEST bike ive EVER had! with excellent backup service. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!