Santa Cruz V-10 Carbon Downhill Full Suspension

The Santa Cruz V10 Carbon Frame combines the race-proven Virtual Pivot Point design with Santa Cruz's ingenious one-piece layup carbon frame for mind-blowing suspension performance and incredible strength in a frame that weighs a full pound less than the previous aluminum version. The Fox DHX RC4 is also freakin' amazing, featuring rebound, high-speed compression, low-speed compression, preload, bottom-out progressiveness and bottom-out force adjustments for a totally custom feel and a personalized ride that rips exactly the way you want it to.

downhill d   Downhiller [Aug 31, 2012]
Strength:

super smooth to ride as the carbon damps all trail vibration... as well as the 10" travel
tracks amazingly
sucks up everything in it's path
so light you can pick it up mid-flow and put it down wherever you want
super-tough
easy to set up
Vivid RC2 works well
stunning looks

none really. it's a little tight to get the gun on the grease nipples in the linkage and good riddance to the cane creek angleset headset with the 2013 model.
some people complain that it is too smooth to ride -that they enjoy being bucked down a trail on their other bike.

this is 'the' line railing DH speed machine, if you want to frolic try something else... or put the V10 in 8" mode.
if you are an older rider and get sore joints riding this bike is as comfortable as a limo

Similar Products Used: Demo 8 II, Glory
mxgunn2   All Mountain Rider [Mar 27, 2012]
Strength:

Super light strong and incredibly responsive.

Whole frame isn't carbon only the front triangle and you feel invincible which is dangerous.

I love this bike! It's a pure joy to ride. This bike will make you a noticeably better rider. It holds it's line very well and rides over everything with ease. The built in wheel fender is very nice to have. Accelerates and pedals very well. I highly recommend this frame.

Similar Products Used: Intense M9 FRO
MHanslip   Racer [Jul 07, 2011]
Strength:

Fit, finish, bottomless suspension, handling

Draws unwanted attention, unknown crash survival abilities, complexity (of everything from assembly to suspension set-up to the angleset - compared to an XC bike this thing is like an F1 car)

I purchased this bike because it is one of the only DH bikes that comes in size XL and I needed something for the bike parks.
I ended up with a bike that is not only attractive to my eyes, but draws attention in lift lines and waiting at the top of the hill for my turn to go. It goes exactly where I point it. It flies through the air predictably. The suspension feels like it is bottomless, and with 10" of travel I should hope so. It rides over things like they aren't there. It takes 2m drops to flat like riding off a curb.
Aside from the up-front cost (which hurt my value rating) there is nothing I could point my finger at and say "I want to make this different". I got the cheaper build kit which has some heavy bits in it - my XL bike weighs in at 18kg with pedals - but it rides lighter than that.

Since I bought this I have more fun on my 5" travel trail bike too - I ride that like I was on this and realise on the XC trails I could have been doing that all along.

This much fun shouldn't be legal!

Similar Products Used: None
rider from AUS   Racer [Jul 02, 2011]
Strength:

Light and strong. just plows through everything. so stiff and easy to turn and control. a true race bike. holds it line so well. a true size large (not a large that is really a med)

have not found any yet but im going a lot faster now so will let you know when i crash hard in a race run. frame feel super strong

bike is just so amazing. it just handles so well. corners so well and we you see rocks you just start to smile. i know people say that carbon is more direct but it is. the bike just track and holds it line better then any other bike i have owned or ridden. just eats rocks and make going fast so much fun. when i get wild on this bike i know im going fast. best bike i have ever known. my only complaint is that i have to work so there is at least 40 hrs a week i can not ride.

you will not regret buying this bike

i just bought the frame and they are pricey but i would buy 10 now that i have own one. worth every penny