Mongoose Boot-R Team Downhill Full Suspension

• Fork/Shock: RockShox Boxxer Team
  • Rebound Adjust, 203mm Travel
  • Brakes: Avid Elixir Hydraulic Disc, 203mm Rotors

leondelmonte   Racer [Apr 15, 2013]
Strength:

Great price, stable, sucks up everythign if suspension, air pressure is set up correctly.

The brand name does not help such a great bike.
I am not brand driven by one, second, this frame was so cheap, I could not pass it up.
the only thing i didnt like about it was the angle of the seat tube, which makes the bike feel long. but that is not meant to be used anyway.

So far Ive done 4 rides on this bike,
I got the frame for very cheap from Nashbar, with no shock, or axel, headset, so before I could ride it, I had to get a couple pieces .
My review is on the frame only, I do not judge a bike by its components, if a component fails is not the fault of the frame.
IThis bike is super stable, I love it, to be honest I had very low expectations for this frame, and was ready to sell it before riding it. It only took 2 rides for me to fall in love with it. If I can I will probably get an other frame like this when this one gives up, but it seems to be built though.
Ive had many bikes before, and this one will be part of my stable for a little while.
This is not the lightest frame in the market, it feels though.
If you find a cheap one, buy it.

Similar Products Used: Iron Horse sunday, Norco, Kona Stinky, Kona coILER,
Jack   [Apr 05, 2013]
Strength:

SAUCEPENCION
(LOL AT DAT SPELLIN')

Nuttin'

DIS BIKE IS SOOO GUD DAT ITS LIKE A PARTY WITH A HOTTIE!!!!

Brewha   Downhiller [Feb 09, 2011]
Strength:

The parts spec`d are perfect for this setup.The suspension allows me to go up and over anything.A very quiet bike even though I beat the hell out of it.I love riding this bike.

It has changed my riding style.I wish that more lift access trails are closer to me. I did swap the handlebar for a 31".

I love this bike.I rode it all summer and had it in all types of conditions. Killington,Diablo, Whiteface,Vertical earthPa, and Spring mt Launch ( very cool place). Solid bike that begs for more. It has changed my style of riding. The complete bike was cheaper than my Ellsworth Moment.I can`t wait until the parks open again.I have alot of riders ask me how the bike is,and had a few friends change thier minds about the quality of the Bootr riding with them a full season. You don`t need to drop a fortune on a bike.If you are not worried about riding a Mongoose, go get one and save yourself some cash.After the season ended I removed the pivots and lubed them and it took about a half hour.So maintenance was fast and simple.Go to Mongoose and on there site they have the details on properly doing the work youself. I am impressed with this bike.

Similar Products Used: Jamis Dakar rental from Diablo.Kona Stinky
DOWNHILLER   Downhiller [Feb 10, 2010]
Strength:

Great bike..and soooooo fun to ride. it got all of the top notch stuff on it.. i love this bike and it the best bike i ridden :D

none.

Great bike! GET ONE!!!!

Similar Products Used: Kona stab deluxe,kona stinky,Giant DH.
screamoextremo   Downhiller [Jul 29, 2009]
Strength:

FreeDrive system works flawlessly.
Spec list for price paid.
Pedals like a champ with enough travel to handle the rough
weighs in at 41 lbs.
components are top notch.
Tracks great through rock gardens and roots.
Suspension eats up big hits, and handles small bumps and chatter.
great color matching with fork, bash guard, and frame.
custom built race bike right out of the box.
designed by world cup racers, a hall of fame legend, and one gnarly freerider.

Still on the fence about the matte finish paint job.
People annoyingly asking if this is the same Mongoose that they see at Wal-Mart. (FYI, same company, VERY different departments. Don't even share the same designers, engineers, etc)

I've been riding Mammoth all season long, and this bike can take everything. If you are looking for a full on race bike, but don't have $6000+ get yourself on a Boot'r(with the money you save, take that trip to Whistler!). You simply can not find another bike in this price range that perfoms this great with so many high end components.
Don't let the name fool you. Too many people are brand wankers and think this is a cheap K-mart bike. Not so!! My Boot'r team has lead me to my best finish yet while racing, 4th place. It pedals so efficiently you have an advantage over racers on bikes that suffer from pedal bob. I love this bike, and hopefully next year they will come out with more color choices.

Similar Products Used: Spec. Demo, Spec. BigHit, Giant Glory DH, Norco A-line, Norco Shore, Mongoose Khyber.