Knolly Podium Downhill Full Suspension

Knolly Podium Downhill Full Suspension

Podium is a big name for a frame, but Knolly's Podium holds that title well! When a bike descends this fast and confidently while still maintaining nimbleness in the tight technical sections it takes the average rider to a new level and the racer to the Podium! While stable enough to allow the lazy rider to hang off the back-end and let the suspension absorb every obstacle in its path, the Podium is still nimble enough to pop off of steep lips into whips and tables almost like a 7" bike. The Podium is Noel Buckley's crown jewel! His attention to detail and well thought out execution are seen throughout this frame from the titanium pivot hardware, to the unique shock mounting hardware that keys into the frame, integrated fork bumpers cleanly integrate into the down tube, and a full length seat tube allow the rider to pedal the bike when need be are just some of the highlights of this amzing "shred-sled". To say this bike is over-designed is an understatement. It's just how Noel builds his frames and we get to reap the benefits of his labor of love! This frame?s stiffness combined with it?s low stature translates into stability in even the worst situations. Designed to balance the needs of a light weight racing bike while still providing the lateral rigidity to hold the tightest lines through corners, the Podium is the weapon of choice for Redbull Rampage contenders and all-around shredders James Doerfling and Garett Buehler when tackling the most insane terrain! Where will the Podium take you? Check out Brian's Knolly Podium on the Orange Pulp blog. Features: -Sizes: S, M, L, XL -Available Colors: Day Glo Yellow, Raw, Anodized Black, Pearl White, Britania Blue -Head Tube: 1.5", 49mm top and bottom headset cups -Bottom Bracket: 83mm with ISCG-05 chain guide tabs -Suspension Linkage: Patented and proprietary Four by 4 Linkage -Tire Clearance: 26 x 3.0" -Front Travel: 180-200mm (7"-8") Yes, you Dellerium fans can run a 180mm fork on this bike! -Rear Travel: 215mm (8.4") -Rear Hub Spacing: 157mm x 12mm thru axle (included) -Dropouts: Replaceable derailleur hanger Available shock options: Fox DHX RC4 Kashima coil (stock) or upgrade to a Cane Creek Double Barrel coil shock (steel spring) or Cane Creek Double Barrel air shock.

[Apr 13, 2013]
blackfly

Strength:

Quality, shock choices, cable routing, ease of build. And, ride, of course

None yet, except, with all bikes, what will time say...

My 2006 FLY broke in catastrophic manner, but having it for 7 years on the Shore is no small feat. I found replacing it was a tough go. I was going to get a Knolly Vtach, except they discontinued it 2 years ago. Faced with no option, I walked into the LBS and a black, medium Podium was there. Bought. I got the frame with a CCDB and Ti spring. Just riding around after the build (the review here) I am already impressed. Rear end is more "dead" than what I am used to perhaps but that is adjustment. But it feels "right". Rear end is neutral, bike feels very smoothe, especially on pedalling, and small bump compliance, a Curnutt weakness, is very controlled and detailed. I am not sure on the medium or big hit performance, yet, since I have yet to have a ride until tomorrow. Will update then. But as it goes, this so one hell of a frame, well built, and well thought out. Seatpost goes all the way up, and down. In fact, I will need a longer post for the up portion, which is saying something. 4 bar link works very well. I think I could of had the front end bars higher, but we will see. I am not a fast rider, but I am about to evolve. I know the bike is more than what I can do, but the assurance is nice.

Foes Fly (2003, 2006), Ellsworth Dare (2000, 2001), Intense Uzzi DH (1999)

[Dec 03, 2012]
blcman
Downhiller

Strength:

Very capable and stiff frame. Has all the goodies...157mm x 12mm rearend, 3in stroke shock for a plush and tunable 8.4in of travel, 1.5 headtube, 64 deg HA, low BB (13.4in.), and iscg5 tabs! The 4x4 linkage smooths out the trail chatter AND takes the big hits with what feels like bottomless travel.

Maybe the price. Got a used one for a great price, so it's all good!

The Knolly Podium will make you ride faster than you thought you could BUT make you feel safer doing so! You will be the weak link here! Hang on and have fun!

Foes, Iron Horse Yakuza Kamicho

[Nov 30, 2010]
DhFlow757
Downhiller

Strength:

The smoothest ride I've ever ridden. It corners like pure heaven, extremely nimble in tight situations and jumps like no other downhill bike.

I could not find anything wrong with this bike.

I would recommend this bike to anyone who is devoted to have a pure race downhill bike. It is literally the best bike I have ever ridden in my life.

Ellsworth Rouge, Giant Glory, Santa Cruz Bullet, and Specialized Demo 8.

[Nov 30, 2010]
downhillFREERYDE

Strength:

plush, fast, and everything else

it's a little pricey but all worth it!

This bike is great, it fast on a whole new level. The bike turns like it's on rails. hucks like no other, good job knolly, VERY GOOD BIKE!

nothing this Good!

[Nov 10, 2010]
2wheels4life
Downhiller

Strength:

The bike is build for speed!!! If you like to go fast this bike is for you. It's got a low BB and a long wheelbase so it rails through berms and is extremely stable and predictable over jumps and through rough terrain. The suspension action is extremely smooth thanks to the German manufactured sealed bearings at every critical pivot. I beat the heck out of this bike during the 2010 race season and it still doesn't creak nor have I had to tighten any pivots (like most DH bikes after a rough season). Bottom line...I can't say enough good things about this product. Spend some extra coin and buy this bike. There is a chance it will last you forever!

None period.

This bike was built to be super fast. I literally shaved seconds off the times at my local DH spot and they only got faster as the year progressed. By the end of the year I was a whopping 15 seconds faster on the same race course! Not only that but once you start to trust the bike it will send your confidence level through the roof! I really think this bike helped me to become a better rider (along with practice of course). Not only that but it is just about maintainence free. All I did was wash the bike before every race and that was it. The frame outlasted my fork by a factor of 10 for this season. It's a bit on the pricey side but it is well worth it. Very well engineered.

Specialized Demo 9, Cannondale Gemini DH, Nicolai Neucleon TST, Santa Cruz Bullit, Cannondale Judge