Evil Revolt Downhill Full Suspension

• 150mm x 12mm rear end

[Aug 22, 2012]
Moosey
Downhiller

Strength:

Suspension is dialied!
some nice details put into the frame (flip chips and such)
Good geo, Dh's amazingly, jumps well too.

great idea's carried out horribly. Plus all the stories of frames snapping scares me.

oh, not many shocks fit. shock mounting is a pain...

Picked mine up from Cam Zink, he rode it for a few months until they rolled out the carbon undeads.

Damn this thing is fast! I can't begin to describe how fast! I set my suspension up pretty stiff, and it still feels like butter in the rocks. I go flying by my buddies with 9-10" travel. they can't compete!

Now to the flip-chips.... they are a great idea right? Flip a little chip and change the bb height and the HA? No big deal? WRONG! Flips chips make me want to take my dog, shave its hair, cover it in a ketchup/tabasco sauce mixture, light it on fire, heave it out the window, run down to it, see if it's okay, slowly nurse it back to health, then do it all over again, but this time after I throw it out the window, I would end its poor life, because even then it would have met a nicer fate than me dealing with the stupid flip chips! and that's really sad because I love my dog (That's an exaggeration, I would never ever hurt my adorable puppy, but it gets the point of how frustrating flips chips are across...)

I was riding Northstar, and had a flip chip decide it was done with me, so it hopped out of my frame without telling me. then the linkage bolt backed out, and proceeded to dent the hell outta my frame. i didn't notice until I finished the trail and i thought there was play in my shock bushings. If only...

Now, Kevin has the worst customer service available, so I can't get a new flip chip. luckily a local Alu welder patched my frame, and even made me a flip chip.

Bottom line, I'm still giving this sucker a rating of 4 chillis because its so much fun/fast/maneuverable. I just love it! I always hop off the bike with a smile on my face (as long as the flip chips didn't pop out)!

Countless DH bikes

[Jun 13, 2010]
nomad26er
Downhiller

Strength:

Awesome bike, this is not the problem.

Weak points on frame and suspension links leading to frame failure.

Evil bikes has produced a great riding machine but unfortunately they fail miserably at taking care of there product at the warranty level. I cracked the frame in two different spots in October of 09' and attempted to get the issue resolved with Evils warranty department.After sending pictures of the failures to Gabe at Evil they would warranty the frame. He said I would have a replacement within 45 days.I have made several calls to him with most of them unanswered and no call backs, when he did answer it was the same story, 45 days, 45 days, 45 days. Evils reps in the Colorado area refuse to do business with them any more because of these issues. A recent phone call reveled that they got a shipment of frames in two weeks ago, 70 frames, only 20 of the frames passed inspection, six of those frames went to there local bike shop the Fanatik. Where did the rest go? Canada? There not in the States, I called every dealer to see where they went and none of the dealers received any frames or parts and that they have gotten the same broken story! I work at Mojo Wheels and we have not seen this with a manufacturer in some time. Those companies usually don't last very long. It has been 8 months with out a bike. For a $3000 frame I can think of a lot of other companies you should spend your hard earned cash on.

Demo8, SC V-10, SC D-8

[Jun 02, 2010]
DeathproofUK
Downhiller

Strength:

Massively adjustable and with the right choice in components I got mine down to 36lbs wthout breaking the bank.

Comes with loads of different colour decals so you can match it to your forks or componentry.

The pivot is quite wide (BB is 83mm)

This bike is so amazing, I bought the frame second hand 3 months old for £1500 (hence the 5 flaming chillis).

It's so adjustable your mind will blow, I have this set on the 'Steepest' settings at the moment as only riding in the UK and even then it's the slackest bike I've ridden, I did drop it to the slack position initially and it rails berms faster than my skill level would let me react.

If you are looking for a WC DH bike that looks amazing, handles amazing and isn't following the other sheep then buy this, you won't be dissapointed.

Just FYI I'm 5' 11" and the medium size is spot on.

Commencal Supreme Downhill, Orange 223, Kona Stinky.

[Feb 23, 2010]
Slayer_JJ
Downhiller

Strength:

The suspension design and frame adjustability. It can be set up for about any type of riding. And the suspenson is simple to get dialed for DH stuff and FR stuff.

Hard to find, but nothing bike related.

I love this bike. Everyone I've rode with loves this bike. The DELTA system is very smooth and all but eliminates pedal-bob. It's been a very confidence inspiring bike for both DH and FR. And it's characteristics make the bike feel better the faster you go and it seems to want to go faster when it rolls over rough stuff. It's also very predictable especially on rough, wet, and loose trails.

Norco Shore, Commencal Furious, Intense Socom

[Feb 04, 2010]
Yuri Bogner
Downhiller

Strength:

what impressed me most was that the corners on rail,,,has great stability,,, would meant to be mounted with little weight... my bike that weighs 40 pounds ... the low center of gravity helps get the bike fast axis, and adjustable geometry helps a lot in different tracks and there's no sign of brake jack, I'm a fan of suspension more progressive and I was very happy with the way the system works, crazy bike

lack a rear fender for the whole clay that deposited in the shock and i had a bolt from DELTA system broken, but in a week the evil sent me a whole set screw

I recommend to anyone who wants a fast bike on the track, with stability and a great suspension system, no brake jack and a race geometry, I used the bike in whistler and I loved how she ride in the dirt and online merchant, very good bike the freeride too, if you have money does not think twice

Specialized Demo 8, UMF Freddy, Cannondale Gemini