Cove Bikes Shocker Downhill Full Suspension

Cove Bikes Shocker Downhill Full Suspension

The Shocker is an absolute shocker of a bike. Designed and built for major speed and amplitude,The Shocker features Coves proven Dual Link suspension platform, delivering 8.1" of rearTravel. A SRAM Maxle rear axle and Easton RADTubing bring it for a super stiff rideThatTakes corners and railsThem. DH Race 8.1″ rear wheelTravel Rockshox Vivid 5.1 Rear shock Spring: 450 x 3.0 12mm x 150mm rear end SRAM Maxle rear axle World Cup proven race design CustomTuned dual

[Jun 26, 2012]
jordan
Downhiller

Strength:

Super solid , stiff , no flex ,plush , eats everything in its way

none that i know of it :P (oh, the price is high)

This bike is amazing, i can go on for days and make a huge list on why this bike is solid. this is bike is super solid, fast and corners extremly well.

m6 , turner dhr , m3

[Jun 20, 2011]
pdxmonkeyboy
Downhiller

Strength:

Extremely durable and just plain SOLID. The suspension tracks extremely well and will eat anything in its path. big drops, braking bumps at top speed, and jesus, does this thing RAIL the corners. Its ridiculous how well it corners and races are won or lost in the corners.

plain and simnple, the frame weighs a metric ton. Feels like its made of iron pipe. You can feel the weight in the air.

If you can find the cash, the shocker will NOT disappoint. Great bike, fantastic ride, and good customer service. The guys at Cover will hook you up if there is a problem.

I can't imagine buying another bike for a long time.

SC bullit, SC nomad, norco A line, Yeti DH9.

[Apr 28, 2011]
westcostdownhiller
Downhiller

Strength:

this bike will ride over anything. i have ridden this bike in whistler northstar and my local trails and it has never failed me. I have never had any problems with the frame only the parts on the bike. I really like how the geo feels, its a lot better than my driver8, the driver was really too steep and it felt like the bb was really high. The cove with the northshore drops outs has a really low bb and its really slack, if you get the drop outs its quite similar to the 2011 geo

the only bad thing was that the seat kept buzzing the tire and the paint chips really easily

the best bike i have ever owned. period. i really have no desire to ride any other bike any more. thats how great this bike feels

Santa Cruz Driver 8

[Jan 09, 2010]
Mungo

Strength:

My uppercut is brutal bra. Ill hook ya before ya know what hit you bra. I won this bike in a fight with my 6 year old cousin, gracie.

I have no weakness as i am a weekend warrior and i only fight on weekends. My record is 80-1 the only time i lost was to cousin noogle in a cage match. We was fighting for the new transition bottlerocket.

MUNGO WILL DESTROY YOU ALLLLLLLLL

BIKE IS ALMOST AS GOOD AS FEEDIN HIM BRA

I give it one flamin chilli cos i couldnt afford more than one from the feed store.

I rode my pet sister once. Sister snaz.

[Dec 03, 2009]
sylviobarbosa
Downhiller

Strength:

very strengh, solid frame with good geometry , very race , is the best race bike i ever ride , the frame give you confiance to ride fast!i ride about one month in whistler and it was a pleasure time with a pleaseru bike

i dont have anyone

i great bike for anyone , very race and strengh bike , good in every thing

khs dominatrix dh100, v10, m3

[Aug 19, 2009]
WhistlerMike
Downhiller

Strength:

Most solidly built frame I've ridden, very laterally stiff. Inspires confidence, tracks through any line over any terrain, soaks up massive bumps yet still provides good feedback. Great in the corners. All the good things people say are true, I could go on about this bike for ages its wicked! I live in Whistler and ride in the park about five times a week, and this is the only bike I've ever ridden that has made it through an entire season of abuse without anything on the frame ever causing me any trouble, everything's still original (except for the shock which blew, nothing against Cove there) and running like new! The linkage is always tight, I've actually gotten out of the habit of checking over it cause it's always good! With previous bikes on average I've had to rebuild the rear linkage 2 or 3 times per season, the Whistler bike park is known for beating the crap out of your bike. I noticed someone on here said it's a hard bike to jump, would have to disagree, it feels light in the air, whips easily. Lots of fun!!

Nothing...the Maxle comes loose and I always keep an eye on that but Maxles just do that regardless of the frame

Awesome bike that I highly recommend. Super solid frame that performs great, extremely durable and fun to ride. Everyone at Cove has been extremely helpful. Recommend especially to anyone racing downhill or riding bike parks on a regular basis.

Cannondale Judge, Specialized Demo, Sunday, V10

[Nov 19, 2008]
frobiker

Strength:

Everything (seriously)
-super solid build
-terrific geometry
-excellent handling
-jack of all trades

inspires confidence (along the lines of a superhero)
is that a bad thing though?
hhmm,,,i'm going to say "none".

This bike does it all: plows, jumps, corners, manuals, drifts, ninja lines...everything. It looks like a freight train and rides like one. Super stable at speed and hold line on the off camber stuff very well. But at the same time this bike is very agile; Picks up over anything, translating into speed gaps for race lines and it pedals super well (esp. sprints). Instantly awesome, I was immediately comfortable when I got on it. I'm going to stop myself b/c I can go on for days about how amazing the Shocker is.

This bike is #1 in my book and I recommend it to all racers looking for that extra edge of reliability and confidence, as well as (and most importantly) performance.

Never ridden anything like it frankly.
But I have spent time on:
Giant DH Comp (1st DH bike ever)
Sinister R9 (2 seasons, same frame)
Iron Horse Sunday (1 month, 2 races)

[Jun 24, 2008]
John Thornhill
Downhiller

Strength:

I am 6ft and ride a medium frame that is relativly short and tucked up compared to other dh bikes that i have either sat on or ridden in a medium.. This makies for a very lively ride with tremendus responce and feel that is truely responsive.. If you want a lazy ride through fast rough terrain then buy a santa cruzv10, but if you like a bike that will progress you and keep you informed of everything you hit then nothing compares to this frame set. I have been the butt of a lot of jokes from my mate who has a v10 focusing on the fact that this rare bike is no match for his v10 set up until I let him rip down a local trail on the shocker. At the bottom of the hill he couldn't find fault and admitted (reluctantly) that This bike accelerates like no other he had ridden and was absolutely amazing to ride. I took his scv10 down behind him and will admit it ironed out the rough stuff like I couldn't believe but when it came to feedback and manoeuvrability in the technical sections I felt it had nothing on the shocker! To put it blunt. If you are after a true race ready frame that will deliver results then buy the shocker. It is understated but amazingly built.. You might not have all the guys on the trails drooling over it but for sure you will let actions speak louder than words on the trails..

Absolutly nothing.. tough as old boots.. hand built to perfection..

A must have for the underground ripper..

scv10, big hit (fully stacked)

[Jul 18, 2007]
Kyle
Downhiller

Strength:

Geo's SPOT on, I've yet to actually break it, seemingley bottomless travel, RAILS corners, If you want it to do something, it does it and comes back begging for more... It's suggested as a DH bike, but she won't back down from a huck or two, thats for sure. Pedals VERY well, definetly better than the VP-Free I rode, and not to mention its gotta be one of the best looking DH bikes out there. And the name. That's pretty sweet too.

Weight, but its still respectable. And I seem to go though alot of seats. You need to take the spring off the shock, and cycle the bike through its travel to make sure you don't end up buzzing the seat once you start using travel, but that's it.

KILLER bike. The orange color is one of the best looking orange's ever, as there are flakes of gold in the paint. It will RAIL any berm, suck up any bump, stutter bump, or huck, absolutely NO Brake jack, and hand made in canada. How can you go wrong? I'll be riding this bike untill there's nothing left of it, and then probably buy another one.

VP-Free, Norco Team DH

[Aug 09, 2006]
John P.
Downhiller

Strength:

Build quality is superior to any bike I've ridden in a long time. The attention to detail is amazing, and the welds are perfect. All pivots, bearings, and axles were put together beautifully, and the finish on the frame is top-notch.

The ride is fantastic, too. The BB is nice and low without being TOO low, allowing the bike to corner very well and maneuver through tight sections. Pedaling is much better than most DH bikes, and bump absorption is top notch.

Cove didn't skimp on anything with this bike, and it shows in the final product.

None really. It was expensive, but not any more than anything else of this caliber. I absolutely love this bike!

The best DH bike I've ever ridden, and I've been DHing for 8 years. Pedals great, corners great, and sucks up all the bumps. Cove's also a great company to deal with, and they put their hearts into everything they do. I wish I could rate this frame 10 chilis, but 5 will have to do.

Iron Horse Sunday World Cup, Tuner DHR, Karpiel, Santa Cruz V10, Kona Stab, etc.