Cannondale Gemini DH Downhill Full Suspension

• Rims: Mavic EX823 Disc, 36 hole
  • Hubs: Sun Ringle Abbah Lawwill
  • Spokes: DT Competition

Marc Iwata   Downhiller [Mar 04, 2014]
Strength:

Fantastic USA build quality almost unheard of today. Ridiculous how stable in the air this bike is. Fox40, check....dhx5, check.....Magura Gustav M, check! I have the World Cup version...sexy as hell O.G. ride. A rare, handmade, capable gem. Just had the guys at my LBS smiling as they complimented her. As fun as anything on two wheels, and that's the test.

Nada.

'Nuf said.

Similar Products Used: Intense.
Kelly Crane   Racer [Aug 05, 2013]
Strength:

Unbelievable control aerially at any speed.
Phenomenal shock balance during hard compression.
High speed stability at 60mph. while suicide bomb of steepest hill in White Rock B.C.
Last and best, brakes to fly over bars at 30 mph. So kill in the air. Angelic!

Front seal was toast too quick. Odd, the other never split?!
Most under the radar ride, too good and I love that part.
Huge people that expect the engineer design team to build a bike for a non expert, monster.
I'm 5'11" 185lbs. I fly that baby 45-65 ft, land harder than usual at times and nada probs. Bud, it's called technique, pros know it.

Brilliant ride!
Fulfills my needs as a class-ass maniac!
Sometimes a company lucks out or simply in on thier best game. I know it's the latter!
Beginner bike? Re:DH. Hahaha Remember, it's called technique?!live it, learn it, know it!
Live clean, Die clean.
Sincerly, Kelly Crane

Similar Products Used: All
arion   Downhiller [Jun 05, 2011]
Strength:

headtube,swingarm

takes time 2 tune.. so, i had to replace with Fox DHX air. The Best!!!

light and quick bike.. a RACE(DH) BIKE! that can also be your all-mtn or XC bike n just a clicks. tnx to FOX DHX AIR 5.0

Similar Products Used: v400
James   Downhiller [Apr 05, 2006]
Strength:

On the light side but still stiff. Frame is super beefy and strong. Simple rear suspension that works very well. No brake jack due to a floating rear disk brake. The bike feels so stable at high speeds. Makes you want to go faster and do bigger jumps/drops.

It costs so much.
The stock tires are very heavy.

This bike is mint. Geometry is spot on. The Manitou' work so nicely together. What else can I say it is perfect. This bike is for wana-be pros. It is perfect for DH but is still good for freeride.

Similar Products Used: Santa Cruz VP-Free, Kona Stinky, Brodie Diablo.
Craig   Weekend Warrior [Feb 19, 2007]
Strength:

light for type of bike, great geometry, fast, agile

stock spring, highish BB

Beautifully made frame. riding poistion and geometry is fantastic, very natural. The bottom bracket is a little high this can be good and bad. Seems to still corner like it is on rails to me. Lovely light and agile for a DH bike. I couldn't have afforded the full price full spec bike but luckily got the DH frame cheap in a sale, thanks Royles. Rear shock setup still isn't 100% dialed, I may send it to TFTuned. What it lacks in travel compared to a V10 it makes up for in agility and chuckability. I even ridden it crosscountry style at afan forest with my sherman wound down. Got to the top and flew down.

Similar Products Used: Specialized enduro
Jeff Katz   Downhiller [May 11, 2007]
Strength:

A seemingly unbreakable, harder than nails and tougher than wood pecker lips, predictable, inspiring, single pivot downhill rocket with a perfect BB height.

A heavy, prone to componet failure and limitation(s), brake-jack producing, difficult to manual single pivot anvil with a too short wheel base.

If you appreciate single pivot bikes and you can get a decent componet package with this bike, it will suit as a beginning DH or Freeride bike. However, you will outgrow it and it's limitations as your skills advance and evolve. It has suited my needs and I have had to have Manitou re-build the shock (They took FOREVER!!!) and upgrade parts as they broke. It will rip DH in the right hands and course, but it is no huck machine. Also, if you're a bug boy like me, get a heavy shock spring, then you won't blow out the Manitou 4-way swinger as fast. C-Dale only warrantys thier FR bikes 3 years, so break accordingly! My next bike will either be a Iron Horse Sunday (DH race only) or a Banshee Scream (FR and DH) as I'm over the whole break-jack thing....

Similar Products Used: Kona, Mongoose, Norco... They're only similar because they are DH bikes.
Romain   Weekend Warrior [May 03, 2006]
Strength:

Simple design
Great absortion of small and big shocks
12mm axle

1.5 head tube (pain in the butt to find the right headset)

I wanted to change my 2004 big hit comp. I had a bit of money saved and I had severed my ankle so I could spend my days on the net looking for great bargains.

I got this frame brand new in 09/2005 for half the retail price, I did the same for my boxxers and so on.
So i got about 50% off the retail price for the whole bike!

I have only been freeriding so far, it is doing great! you don't need to go super fast it is all nice and nimble, pretty light for that kind of a bike! No matter how bad you're landing you won't get surprised with this bike.

I took it to a really easy DH track, it handled really nice at high speed, you don't get much brake jack with the IBS!

All in all I'd say if you can get a bargain on the frame then go for it, it can take FR and DH really well(CG won the redbull rampage with the exact same frame). Throw in some light forks and let it rock. I would not have paid that much for a monopivot frame!

If I get rich I might swap it for a balfa or a apalache frame, not that I need it or that the frame sucks, but just to try something new!

I give full chilis for value as I got it 50% off, and 4 chilis for overall as this bike is great but it lacks that little thingy that makes you not want to have anyother bike again!