Haro Steel Reserve 8 DJ/MtnX

• SRAM X.9 8-speed short cage rear derailleur
  • Avid BBDB 5 mechanical disc brakes

[Aug 27, 2011]
tuke22

Strength:

Double Butted Chromoly Frame is more than tuff enough for my uses E thirteen 3 piece cromo cranks stock chain tension system bullet proof, the perfect hybrid of BMX and Mountain bike.

back tire looses grip in tight switchbacks if you do a lot of fast single track may want to change, My gears need adjusting they tend to make a fuss when changing gears.

This bike is a tank it inspires confidence I was hucking it around the single track by my house and having a hell of a good time it is the best setup I can imagine for myself it is a street warrior when traveling around town I can bunny hop it down/up stairs & Curbs then you take it on the trail and you pumping and weaving like a pro, I hit a steep hill I throw it low gear, its hard to find good dj bikes with minimal gears I only use the 8 gears not 21 or 18 so this set up is the perfect set up especially coming from BMX back round

Subrosa Novice Dirt, Specialized HardRock, Kona Kikapu, Novara system 1.0.

[Apr 19, 2011]
Jeffrey Hannah

Strength:

Nice solid bike!

solid bike, rides and jumps great! No problems what so ever

[Apr 01, 2009]
mtnbykr06
Downhiller

Strength:

Excellent geometry, Great parts spec, excellent price, strong build

Brakes, rear tire

Overall I am very impressed with this bike. I picked it up off the floor at the shop I work out for a night urban ride, and loved it. I decided to buy it the next day. I dropped the gears, and threw on a singlespeed kit. I'm going to use the SS kit for now and gears for DS racing. Stock pedals blow, as any do, so I swapped 'em out for a set of Kona Wah-Wah pedals. The brakes also didn't hold, especially when i'm used to my Avid Codes on my DH bike. So I swapped out the rotors for a little extra bite and will be swapping the brakes out with a set of older Juicy 7's. The bars are a little low for my taste, but I am quickly getting used to them. The rear tire I think needs a little more tread, but the front is great. Slipped out on an abubaca and has left me injured. Opting for an Intense Micro knobby out back. Seat and post combo is excellent. Such an ease to set up, and HOLDS. Glad they went with a BMX crankset but a little skeptical about the stock set. Still holding up really well so far, so only time will tell. Not too happy though that they went with a QR rear hub.
The geometry on this bike is dead on. And how wouldn't it be for a company making BMX bikes for the last 30 years? Stable at higher speeds, SHORT chainstays, nice standover height. Spins really easy, and manuals for miles. I would have liked it if they went with a horizontal dropout with derailleur mount, but nothing a SS kit can't fix.
And looks killer to boot!!
Only, this bike is deadly. Be careful!! It inspires confidence to do new things you haven't before. Take my word for it. A sprained ankle for a botched abubaca has had me out for the past week, and at least another. But thats what street riding's all about right?!
GET THIS BIKE.