Giant Revel 2 DJ/MtnX

• SR Suntour XCT V3 suspension fork
  • SRAM X.3, 7-speed shifting
  • Alloy, direct-pull cantilever brakeset

Chief   Weekend Warrior [Mar 04, 2012]
Strength:

Durable
Handles well
Good components
Oustanding Value

A little heavy
No Disc brakes

This bike is an outstanding value. This is an outstanding bike for beginners. It performed flawlessly on the trails today. I was impressed with the handling and the stock equipment. The tires were great. The fork could be better, but it performed none the less. I wish I had got the model with disc brakes, but I am not going to complain because the brakes held up well and got me through some tough rookie mistakes. The price of this bike is what makes it special. I do not think there are any other 400 dollar bikes that can outperform the Giant Revel 2. I am happy with the purchase and most importantly happy with the value of the product.

OVERALL
Big C   Cross Country Rider [Jul 29, 2011]
Strength:

Everything

Nothing

I love this bike. It is extremely durable, handles really well, and has really exceeded my expectations. The only problem I have had with this bike is that everytime my front wheel spins, I hear a squeak. I will have this checked out at my Bike Checkup, but it seems all right. Great Bike!