Felt Straight Shot DJ/MtnX

• Saddle: Felt Freeride w/Gel 7mm Cr-Mo Rails
  • Seat Post: Truvativ XRDC Double-Bolt
  • Pedals: Felt Backpedal Alloy Platform

stiancu   Weekend Warrior [Dec 06, 2009]
Strength:

very good looking frame, and srong too, the Manitou stance its a good fork for all mountain, brakes are good(hayes nine)

maybe the weight, but it is strong

i am enjoing this bike for half an year and it's great for an rider like me, ho is rideing in weekend. it,s a good looking bike, strog, practical, can take medium jumps.

jamie13   Weekend Warrior [Oct 01, 2009]
Strength:

strong frame, rims excelent brakes on the front with that 8 inch rotor

the forlks make a loud clang when jumping asked many people why and its just how they all are

a very strong bike alright for dirt jumps and a bit of freeride its a good all rounder

Similar Products Used: felt straight shot
dragos   Weekend Warrior [Aug 30, 2009]
Strength:

the frame is super strong, the weels are very durable, mast part are very good

the monobloc of the pedals is poor, the tires are crap

is a very good bike for me, i am soo happy with it. I do jumps, trails, some free ride and is soo good

Crater   Weekend Warrior [Jul 11, 2009]
Strength:

Very stiff, light frame, excellent geometry, petals up the moderate hills very well for an 8 speed. Good rims, 8 inch rotor up front, comfy seat for climbs. Just feels right in the cockpit, like it was made for my body.

The Marzocchi Z1 Drop-off 4 - kind of a crap design. Internal rebound is ridiculous, Make metal clang each full rebound extension. Tried heavier oil, slowed rebound, and full rebuild twice to fix. Still working on it. I don't know how guys heavier then me can ride this fork. I am only 190lbs geared up. Better for a light rider

Great beater. It loves the abuse. I ride fairly hard and this bike just takes it. The rims hardly bend, the frame is stiff, the sram drivetrain works great (until that rock ripped the derailleur off). Quality bike, minus the fork for heavier riders. Very fun to ride.

Similar Products Used: None, first dirt jumper
ed bruce   Downhiller [May 31, 2008]
Strength:

Good strong frame, great handling, not too heavy, good hubs especially. sram gears are great, had no problems there. very few components let this bike down

It has no bash guard. box guide is rubbish, a must to replace, iscg mount snapped off.

A very good sturdy bike for DH,Dj or street. wouldn't use it for all mountain, too slow up hills, worth paying more for a bash guard and better chain device. This bike can hack some serious abuse.

Justin   Weekend Warrior [May 13, 2008]
Strength:

what you get for the price

rear wheel comes out of the drop outs on any kind of hard sideways landing, should have went with horizontal drop outs on the frame

great bike for the price, its not near the bike my jackal is but ive got over $2500 in that bike so what can i expect, im 5'8 220 and i ride my bikes very hard, ive dropped this one over 7 foot downtown on to flat concrete with no prob, held up well so far, the only gripe i have is the rear wheel coming out but when i land straight its not an issue so in the end its my fault, great jumper and not scared of the drops so i say pick one up,

Similar Products Used: my santa cruz jackal, my p3 and have jumped many of my friends bikes for a long time now
josh dimeglio   Weekend Warrior [May 26, 2007]
Strength:

lot of torque pulls through every gear simply great all around bike first mountain bike owned and bottom line i love it

none that i can think of chain guard rubbed a tad at first

great dirt jumper bike

Similar Products Used: none
JG   Weekend Warrior [Nov 26, 2006]
Strength:

Awesome frame and good components. I'm only 5'6" 140lbs and the 15.5" frame is a perfect fit for my, I love the cockpit. It's sturdy and solid

The jury is still out on the tires (Tiogo Yellow Kirin 2.35). They don't stick that great to rock which we have a lot of in Lynn Woods. I wouldn't mind a granny gear either.

I'm using it as an all mountain trail bike (small/medium hucks and drops) for that purpose it's an Awesome bike. I've only had it a short while but it flies off jumps and lands well on drops. It's a bit heavy up front but worth every penny.

Similar Products Used: 2004 15" Kona Dawg.