Universal 1999 Rampage Rigid Bike

Universal Rampage

Lynnden   [Jan 18, 2002]
Strength:

Price, feels strong.

Probably bottom end spec on components.

Ok, so there are lots of really good bikes out there, BUT for $70 ...or as a present, what do you want???
This is a great entry level bike and would suit people wanting to get fit (bike weight won't be an issue), or looking to start off roading. I don't care if parts snap or fall off, as I will be upgrading the components as and when I want to - breakages will just force my hand a little. It gets me to where I wanna go in comfort and with speed, so I cant fault this bike at all.
Sure, front suspension would be nice but I can change that in the future. And if i decide I don't want to ride bikes (unlikely), then $70 ain't gonna hurt me!

Ricardo Mazatán   Cross Country Rider [Nov 10, 2002]
Strength:

It's pretty...

The gear sucks, I had to get it fixed after two weeks of use. If you try to do some serious mountain you can't rely on it: the breaks don't always respond and the gear changes speed too slow. This week also the frame got broken. It is really amazing how dare to sell this bikes.

I bought it because the price was reasonable and the bike looked good when I checked it at the store. But it's really amazing how dare to sell these bikes.

Similar Products Used: GT, Cannondale, Royce Union
j dee   Weekend Warrior [Nov 05, 2001]
Strength:

Unknown hardtail-rigid
aluminum frame+fork
it goes real fast

can't jump from a roof but that's not the intention with a hardtail or is it?

this bike is my trainings bike and it's real fast with semi's on it.
i specialy like the pin-up on my stem(keeps my from fallin of hahahahahahha)
FOR MOSTLY ON ROAD RIDIN THIS BIKES RULES.

Similar Products Used: american eagle htr
James Peddle   Cross-Country Rider [Oct 12, 1999]
Strength:

Really strong frame

every thing-weight, wheels, brakes, componants

This bike is very strong, but has a lead frame filled with concrete and is very heavy. Don't by it! Every thing with bearings in broke on mine. Why did i accept it as a presant? I would give it nothing if i could.