Trek 1999 Navigator 300 Rigid Bike

1999 Navigator 300

1999 Trek Navigator 300, mountain bike, non-suspension, Mountain Mix components, Trek fork

irishknightny   Weekend Warrior [Jul 20, 2011]
Strength:

This bike has taken a beating. Had it over 10 years and it has held up. The brakes finally need to be replaced. It is extremely heavy compared to the newer bikes but I don't have any frame issues some of my friends have with the new composite frames. I wish they made them like this so I can upgrade.

weight. It is pretty heavy. The handle bar pivots slightly when stepping down or climbing. Otherwise very good bike.

Best value.

Trent   Weekend Warrior [Dec 03, 1999]
Strength:

Very comfy! My wife will finally ride with me on shorter road rides. Plus, it's a Trek!

Suspension seatpost has a lot of side-play. The suspension stem is awkward for me, but I'm used to susp forks. When in the middle chainring and the large cog, the chain derails if pedaled backwards. I figure the bb axle is too long.

A great bike for road rides. Very comfy. Riding this bike makes me want to get a susp seatpost for my bike. My wife loves to ride it, and that's what matters.

Similar Products Used: My wife had a Rockhopper, but it was too uncomfortable for her. Now it serves as my commuter bike. :)
D. Benz   Weekend Warrior [Aug 22, 2001]
Strength:

Relatively lightweight, smooth rolling ride, totally relaxed posture while riding makes touring quite pleasant. Frame will take a pannier rack for touring.

Top tube could be more horizontal to the ground to allow for extra room for additional water bottle cage on seat tube.

Very, very comfortable! Remember the "fat tire" bikes of your youth? You can ride leisurely and really enjoy the scenery!

Similar Products Used: Nishiki Optima SC; Trek mountain bike.