Peugeot 2000 Attitude Rigid Bike

mountain bike, non-suspension, Mountain Mix components, Peugeot Big Fork fork

Bill Chung   Weekend Warrior [Jun 10, 2001]
Strength:

good cro-mo frame, nice/responsive handling, great brakes and headset. The rapid shifters are OK.

Outdated rear derailleur(sis-7),heavy handle bars and stem which I have now changed. Very poor stock seat and handle grips and the wheelset is quite cheap(just my opinion). Beware that the rear wheel may have a extremely slight wobble not noticeable when riding but it's there.

Great bike to build on as parts wear out. You get what you pay for

OVERALL
Diana   Weekend Warrior [Jun 24, 2000]
Strength:

Stock bar ends, good rims for price, inexpensive, brazed frame (no weld marks)

Ultra bad, super hard seat. Change immediately!
Threaded neck

I am really impressed with the overall quality of this bike for the price. Although I am a beginner I still wanted something sturdy, as I am not yet ready to commit to a big ticket item. This bike probably wouldn't be the best choice for someone looking to tame mountain goat territory, but it does fare well with your standard trails.
I feel that this bike is good for someone making the transition from the chain store kiddie bikes to the more heavy duty, higher quality mountain bike genre. It rides nice on pavement, but is a little jarring on rougher trails, while the rapid fire gears make hills almost fun (even the steep ones).

OVERALL