Handsome 1999 Dog Rockhound Trials Rigid Bike

1999 Dog Rockhound Trials

Handsome Dog Rockhound Trials

Jono   [Nov 12, 2002]
Strength:

Frame kicks ASS, tyre clearence, small frame (I got the 11" version) = more strength.... you can now pick up a MK1 version for bout £129 aswell now.... TOP STUFF

NONE!!!!!!!!!!!.... ppl say the weight, but 5lbs is nowt compared to some frames... it's bout average for a frame

i normally snap frames in 6 MONTH!!!! this has lasted 2yrs with small dents and scrathes... my m8 has snapped 2 Orange Zero's, another m8 has snapped a Brisa B26, another has snapped a Pashley 26 Mhz, and a few other m8s have snapped Giant Hawyes trials frames... all in the time i have had this 1!!..... and i put my bike to hell and bak... (14ft drop, 100's of 7ft+ drops, 7ft rockwalks, dirt Jumping, and generally going at steps as fast i can (up and down))

ALL IN ALL I HIGHLY RECOMEND 1 OF THESE FRAMES FOR ANY1

CFN Jono - http://www.geocities.com/j1o9n8o6/Homepage.htm

Danny C   Weekend Warrior [Sep 26, 2000]
Strength:

Exxellent forks, Magura brakes were set up perfectly when purchased, wheels supurbly built, frame build quality.

Farme too heavy; frame not very well suited to trials(11in or Rockstar??).

The Rockhound is a brilliant bike. It will suit most trials riders perfectly, but for more advanced riders, the 11 inch frame would be a much better option. The supplied kit is all perfect, exept from the Handsome Dog Rock Ring; which I find to be far too soft and thus damage too easily. This could cause damage too the frame or chainring.
A cheaper option worth looking at is the Rockstar. Made from steel it is just as strong but much lighter. The geometry is much more suited to trials with a steeper head angle for use with rigid forks.
Overall the 'Hound is a brill bike and if you have the cash, get one. Now.

Similar Products Used: My own bike(Handsome Dog Rockstar custom build(See below 4 set-up of both bikes)).
andy cross   Weekend Warrior [Mar 18, 2000]
Strength:

dis bike is well good

it is a bit heavy

this is a good trials bike for not many english penny's

Similar Products Used: chris(pufta) matthew's dmr trailstar
Mark Smith   Weekend Warrior [Jan 05, 2000]
Strength:

Frame rated 3/5 in MBUK
I find it superstrong

Hubs will give way soon after hard riding

Buy this for a cheap trails bike,

Similar Products Used: Monty X-Hydra
mark   Weekend Warrior [Feb 10, 2003]
Strength:

Amazing frame, strong as hell, you can't get a better frame for the price. I had a brisa b26 and this is 100 times better.

the best frame money can buy. BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar Products Used: brisa b26, orange zero
Adam Fenner   Weekend Warrior [Jun 22, 2004]
Strength:

Strong, strong, ohh and quite strong.

Erm - ohh yea I dont like the HD stickers, mine are the after painted grafiti stylie, I hear the new ones are under the laquer, nice but at least I can remove mine, the 3D headset logo is cool though..

This frame is cool well made, strong and light, nice details, shame the HD down tube logo's are not better.
HD if you are listening setup your website, then send me some cool HD stickers to replace my 80's grafiti ones.
Only downside is, with standard crank, forks, tyres, my toe's can rub front tyre when turning, yea I do stand my feet in the midle of the pedals, BMX background, not SPD racer. Infact I bought this bike as a large BMX, and it is so Im happy.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale, Saracen ?, Marin.