Giant 1999 Rincon SE Rigid Bike

Giant Rincon SE

Francis   Weekend Warrior [Jul 11, 2003]
Strength:

tough (you can beat the s*** out of it, i have gotten 4 feet of air and landed without any trouble), shifters placed right where you need them

seat comes lose from seatpost wich is annoying, petals are slippry when wet

really tough bike! can be a really great bike with a few upgrades. also good for beginers.

Similar Products Used: trek 4300, diamondback
Trial rider XTR   Cross-Country Rider [Dec 30, 1999]
Strength:

When I brocke it Giant sent me an ATX 870.

I am a new rider i haven't done much. My friend introduced me to Trials riding. I broke my frame. the weilding on this thing sux.

Do not buy this crap. i give it one star because it won't let me post without a star so it is there only for that reason.

Murray Carter   Weekend Warrior [Oct 27, 2000]
Strength:

Cheap, fairly good components, fairly strong, easy to maintain.

Kak brakes, de-railer jumps

Good bike for a beginner, the right place to start!Does the job to a point but don't expect to be to hard core with it.

Similar Products Used: Trek
Warren Hillier   Weekend Warrior [Apr 12, 2000]
Strength:

It has a good mix of components which makes it ideal for the entry level rider. It is economically priced.

A little bit on the heavy side.

An entry level bike that gives you a decent bang for the buck. The only knock against it is that it is a little chunky! Recommended for those first time buyers looking for a reasonably priced bike that has a good mix of components.

Paul Peh   Cross Country Rider [Jan 29, 2001]
Strength:

Cheap,Easy to maintain, smooth on flat trails and not to steep downhills,good components for beginners on a budget and it gets u to and back in one piece.

Kinda clunky , not too manueverable esp on steep climb and muddy trails and steep downhills. BRake squeaks a lot over muddy terrain.

If you ride more on street than trails, this is a good bike to get but change the tires to street tires. Best for flat to moderate trails and good for beginners.

Similar Products Used: None
Garrett   Weekend Warrior [Feb 18, 2001]
Strength:

This bike rocks! It comes with a good quality frame and great beginner components (Acera Shifters, RST 281 front sus.).

I didn't like the WORMDRIVE tires it came with when I bought it.

The bottom line on this product is that it's one good quality bike. I suggest it for any beginner who's looking for a good quality bike, and they don't want to spend a whole lot of money.

Similar Products Used: I haven't used a similar product to this great quality bike.
robert green   Weekend Warrior [Oct 11, 2001]
Strength:

this bike is the bomb. good frame, cheap, easy to maintain and just a fun bike for a begginer good and streets.

the rims sucked and the shoxs were not very good.

it is a good bike just for playing around in the city and and some cross country and just haveing fun. I should suggest getting this bike if you are a begginer. It is a good bike for me and I have really enjoyed it.