Gary Fisher 2000 Wahoo Rigid Bike

mountain bike, non-suspension, Mountain Mix components, Fisher fork

Jason Smith   Cross Country Rider [Jul 30, 2000]
Strength:

Excellent frame, components feel and work great, just a great all round package

Not buying one sooner. I already am looking for front suspension, it may have been nice if it came with that option. It will however be very easy to add on due to the great headset already on the bike.

Great bkie I was pleasantly surprised. This bike has the best feel in all conditions, it doesn't sag during sprinting or jump all over during long decents. I would recommend this bike to anyone wanting a great bike that can progress as the rider improves. I AM Canadian and this is a great bike.

Similar Products Used: I've used schwinn, tested hardrock's and GT"S this bike felt the best.
Daniel Sweeney   Weekend Warrior [Jul 31, 2003]
Strength:

Looks great and rides even better. Lightweight and strong aluminum frame. Good components. Makes my fat butt feel light and graceful.

Suspension? We don't need no stinking suspension.

After 12 years, I was looking to get back into riding. As a former Cannondale owner, I knew what I was looking for (i.e. aluminum frame, top flight components) but also knew that I didn't want to spend a fortune. I rode some Trek's that were nice, but then fate intervened when I saw an ad for a used 2000 Gary Fisher Wahoo. When I called, the owner was a guy who worked at a bike shop and was selling his personal bike after he custom built one for himself. Needless to say I jumped at the chance to buy this great used but well maintained bike.

In a nutshell, I love this bike! The weight and feel remind me so much of my old Cannondale, but the Shimano components are 10x better than the Specialized components from the mid-1980s.

I couldn't ask for more.

Similar Products Used: 1985 Cannondale SM600 (I loved that bike!)
Stephen   Weekend Warrior [Jul 13, 2000]
Strength:

Incredibly light and fast. Good components, excellent brakes.

After one week it is already starting to creak. Probably just getting broken in, the one-month check up should fix this.

My first bike in 10 years and I picked a winner!! I am so impressed I could write for days. Great value, great feel, great style. I am a new Gary Fisher believer. I highly recommend this bike to anyone getting back into cycling after being out for several years. Kudos to Gary Fisher for creating a bike worthy of his reputation.