VooDoo 1999 D-Jab Hardtail Bike

1999 VooDoo D-Jab, mountain bike, front suspension, Shimano XTR components, Rock Shox Sid XC, 3.15" travel fork

DJ   Cross Country Rider [Jul 26, 2002]
Strength:

Really smooth connected ride. Nice and stiff without much vibration. Better climber than its rider. I weigh 230 and have had no problems.

fantastic bike, couldn't be happier, would buy another voo-doo

Similar Products Used: Alpine-stars al-mega(remember those!)cannondale, fisher
Matt Kraus   Racer [May 03, 2000]
Strength:

It's a ti bike, thats more affordable than some. Very stiff BB, and a comfortable geometry. The 3D dropouts are bombproof and provide great transfer of power. It handles very well on fast rides and descents. A bike that was definitely designed with west coast riding in mind...steer tube is longer than similar rides. Elevated tube makes this a climbers heaven (very comfortable)

It is not strongest in the tight, New England singletrack. The long steer tube makes for some rider disconnect. There were some Quality issues with my original, but Voodo gave me another that has been great.

A very cool bike that provides a predictable solid ride. This frame is a climbing machine, and loves to sail along the trails.

Similar Products Used: Ridden Merlins and Kona ti's
John   Cross Country Rider [Apr 06, 2000]
Strength:

Strength, handling, competitively priced

No complaints

I love this bike.
Bottom line: One tough, great handling, loves to go fast and feels good doing it hardtail that cost just about $2,000.00
My wife and road bike are both jealous.
I’ve just started Mtn. Biking again after a ten year lay off and had my heart set on a Ti hardtail but couldn’t afford the Merlin I kept drooling over.
I noticed that the DAJAB has been discontinued this year. I considered the SOBO but I’m glad I chose Ti because the ride is incredible.
I’ve not seen any QC problems with this frame as mentioned in other reviews. My jealous wife has one too and hers is perfect.
Also wanted to thank Kyle @ Cycles Bi Kyle (http://www.bikyle.com) for the great fit especially on my jealous wife who is really a tough fit. Plus even more custom selections for bars, stems, seats, pedals etc. than if you order from the website.

Similar Products Used: 85’ Schwinn Sierra rigid . This is by no means comparable but was my previous ride
VooDoo   Weekend Warrior [Apr 25, 1999]
Strength:

Great handling, comfortable, light, resilient, intuitive.

A little twitchy in slow singletrack.

If you want to go Ti then this bike is the choice. Competively priced, available any way you want it, and designed by NORBA champ Joe Murray. This guy knows race machines and it shows in his products.