Trek 2000 8000 Hardtail Bike

mountain bike, front suspension, Mountain Mix components, Rock Shox Judy Race, 2.5"-4.0" adjustable travel fork

Ronny God   Cross Country Rider [May 29, 2008]
Strength:

frame is light and stiff, sharp in the corners, a fery good climbing bike

Shimano is the only weakmess

after all these years it is a better looking bike then the present one or as any trek bike

Similar Products Used: trek 8000 sl 1999
trek 7000 1998
Ronny God   Cross Country Rider [May 29, 2008]
Strength:

frame is light and stiff, sharp in the corners, a fery good climbing bike

Shimano is the only weakmess

Similar Products Used: trek 8000 sl 1999
trek 7000 1998
Mauro   Cross Country Rider [May 25, 2003]
Strength:

- Awesome Frame, strong & light

- Icon Crankset is garbage
- Jones AC tires (2 falts in 1 month), upgraded to Panaracer FireXC Pro's
- Saddle
- Pedals are garbage

With a few minor upgrades this will be the bext bike you will ever ride.

Similar Products Used: Trek 4500
Diego Davalos   Weekend Warrior [Jul 06, 2002]
Strength:

-Strong lightweight frame
-Hayes Disc Brakes

-Tires
-Pedals

She is a doll. Excellent value for the price I paid. Swap the tires for some with better grip, and definitely upgrade the pedals - damn near broke my ankle. Everything else can be upgraded as needed.

Similar Products Used: -Old Giant Butte
-Trek 820
Scott   Cross Country Rider [Jul 07, 2002]
Strength:

Light weight frame, Hayes brakes, Tamer seat post, XT rear derailleur,

Way to much Icon crap on it, no-name hubs, bontrager tires.

After i got the bike and rode it for about 200 some miles, I decided I wanted to upgrade all the Icon parts on it, and the shock. So I bought a Rock Shox Psylo race with a Chris King headset, new bottom bracket with a Race Face Next LP crank, Chris King disc hubs with Mavic X618 rims, and my old shimano 858 pedals. Now i would say its a pretty sweet ride. Putting some of these new parts on it really lightened it up too. Over all a good bike but dont worry about buying new parts to upgrade the crapy Icon parts it will be worth it later when you are XC racing and you have better quality parts on it now.

Similar Products Used: GT LTS-5
Drew Walker   Racer [Oct 30, 2002]
Strength:

Moderatly light, great handeling, can take abuse like no other- 2 years of raceing and i havent had anything break, an all aroung good bike for the money.

There are not to many just a few little up grades like new tires maybee a lighter bottom bracket/ crank set.

A great bike. It lasted me for 2 great years of raceing. Ff you are looking for a nice modrately priced bike this is the choice for you, but if you want a bike that can take anything and come back for more get the Klein. Also if you are in the market for this bike i am trying to sell mine if you are intrested E-Mail me at DWalker@nc.rr.com thanks.

Similar Products Used: demoed many bikes not many around as responsive as this bike
Steve Folle   Weekend Warrior [Oct 04, 2001]
Strength:

great frame, rolf rims are tough and look killer. super light weight.

bontranger tires suck in all conditions. could have better front shocks - judy shocks are limited in thier adjustability.

a light, sweet bike in need of some minor changes.

Similar Products Used: none
Charlie Hoang   Weekend Warrior [Sep 09, 2001]
Strength:

Rides great. Frame is super light and comfy.

RE-1 pedals are useless. Rolf Satellite rims are not dependable.

Thisbike needs basic upgrading. Frame is awesome as its lite. My only complaint is that when I bought my bike, the staff at Bike Barn did not size me up correctly and I got a 19.5 instead of a medium. That hurts my riding ability. I am looking to sell my bike to anyone in the Houston area.

Similar Products Used: N/A
Matt   Weekend Warrior [Sep 20, 2001]
Strength:

Everything is AWESOME!! Except for the Jones tires. I replaced them with the Panaracer XC Fires. I found the Jones tires to give away in turns and they really suck in the mud.

Jones Tires. Pick up the Panaracer XC Fires, great tires.
My seat on my bike bent really eaisly, however, I liked the design and comfort.

AWESOME bike!!

Similar Products Used: Trek 4500 Great bike for someone just getting started into biking.
S Roberts   Cross Country Rider [Sep 17, 2001]
Strength:

This bike rocks! The frame is awesome, light and durable. The Bontrager wheels and tires are excellent. Shimano XT Deore shifts very well after some minor rear derauiler adjustments. Nice Bontrager clipless pedals too! Rock Shox Judy Race front suspension is sweet.

The seat isn't quite as good as my Specialized but I'm getting used to it. It can bother your rump after about 20 miles or so.

Great bile for a great price. I ride 4 times a week and this thing is taking a beating no problem. The paint job is sweet too! If you want a durable bike that can take a beating, Trek 8000 is perfect.