Spot 1999 Single Speed Hardtail Bike

SPOT Single Speed

[Aug 04, 2001]
Linda
Downhiller

Strength:

lightweight, comfortable for a hardtail, steel frame is forgiving and fits like a glove, this bike loves air.

expensive for a bike without gears. everyone else wants to ride it.

Does this bike rock? Yup, it does! I previously rode a full suspension K2 Beast and have been called a "downhiller" more than once, whatever that means. After getting blown away on local cross-country trails with that bike I decided to go harder and lighter. The guys in front were riding single speeds so I had to try one. I got hooked, did some research, and decided to go with the spot (rather than the bianchi, which was cheaper but alum - and I wanted steel). For a girl, I've been told I like to jump things and this bike loves to jump everything from big rocks to those little reflective caps in the street. The bigger landings tend to jar a little compared to what I'm used to but that's what hardtail is all about (and the 'zocchi is a wonderful fork by the way). This bike is sooo cool that I can't stay off of it (could have sworn I saw my mug on a milk carton the other day too).

bianchi b.a.s.s.

[Aug 02, 2000]
Bruce

Strength:

Wonderful handling, great support from the folks at Spot, more fun than anything you can do alone.

Makes me want the Spot cyclocross bike, too.

Bottom line? I own a few fine bikes. The Spot is the one that leaves the house with me the most often. Rode it all last winter with studded tires, race it occasionally (though there are no single speed specific races up here). It makes me smile every time I ride it, my lap times aren't much slower than I manage with my geared bikes, and it doesn't even hurt nearly as much as I thought it would.

Own 4 other bikes (3 mountain, 1 cyclocross), this is my first one-speed

[Oct 22, 1999]
Nick
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Great Build
Awesome Looks
superb backup from Spot
Great Single Speed accessories

er ?? Hurts to ride

This Bike is awesome. Never rode a single speed until this. Used to crashing around on my Heckler but this bike is something else. Turns old trails into new adventures, redefines hard work and satisfaction. Great backup and support from the guys at Spot. Gotta love Single Speeds !!!