Scott 2001 Purgatory Hardtail Bike

Scott 2001 Purgatory Hardtail Bike

[Jan 29, 2002]
stane bebar

Strength:

light, very good geometry, easy riding, strentgh

pedals!!

Well, before this bike i had a lame bike from slovenian manufacturer. This one is like driving a bmw, if u had yugo first!!! I have over 100 kilos, and my max. speeds are aboround 90-100 km/h, and yet the bike has no damage! I like shifting, brakes. The rims aren't not a bit twisted,yet. So far i think it's a good idea to buy i bike, if u are a biker like me.

[Sep 30, 2001]
Charles

Strength:

Tough, and easy to ride

Rear mech supplied is very odd with twists and turns for the cable.

I have been very pleased with this bike. As a new mountain biker I have been astonished at the ease of riding over really silly stuff and the fact that I haven't managed to break anything yet. With the exception of the funny Shimano stuff on the back (and a puncture / ride ratio of just over 1) I have no criticisms.

And for the person who said not to buy this one for a dog ... my dog absolutely loves this bike and gets very excited when he sees it. But then he know's he's in for a 10 mile plus run and the opportunity to get covered in mud.

My son had a 99 version, but a week after he had got new Z5 front forks, someone stole it even though it was in the garage. I hope the forks give way in front of a large truck!

[Aug 11, 2001]
jake f

Strength:

all of it

sack all

well i do have the 2000 bike but the 2001 looks the same this bike is v good i would say to all the dog loves do not buy this bike 4 a dog because dogs have 4 legs not 2 ok a cool bike site is mtbr.com and mbuk.com