Raleigh 2000 M30 Hardtail Bike

mountain bike, front suspension, Mountain Mix components, SR M6200, 2.0" travel fork

Jack   Cross Country Rider [Jan 26, 2002]
Strength:

lightweight, rigid, and comfortable

Headset got loose, Went back to Twin and had Young tighten it, it got loose again, I tightened it and Its been fine since.

This is a fine all around bike, very reliable,and comfortable, took it to Acadia National Park in Maine September 2001, did 20 miles a day, got very dirty, rinsed it off with a hose, oiled the chain, perfect!

Dan   Weekend Warrior [Jul 13, 2001]
Strength:

Everything.... every thing about this bike is perfect. The best bike I have ever owned. With the ultra big first gear you could climb anything. But yet the gearing is perfect not to fast not to slow.

There is nothing about this bike that is bad it has a comfortable set and a smooth ride.

The best buy for its price. You could not give me any other bike!!!

Scott Cressey   Weekend Warrior [May 28, 2001]
Strength:

Rugged Steel Frame, Megarange gearing with 42 tooth up front,Ripper yellow color, rapid fire shifter, gel grips and most of all VALUE....(mine is a 2001)

Low end front shock, but what do you want for under $300?

In a sport that is dominated by expensive mountain bikes, the Raleigh M30 gives someone who dont have thousands to spend on a mountain bike a chance to test the water.I get so frustrated with magazines.They wont even acknowledge a bike unless it costs at least $800.They forget that the future of the sport may rely on the newbies that are shopping for the cheap starter bikes right now.Enough of my ranting, onto the M30.A very nice bike for the money.Nice solid frame.Much lighter then Department store bikes for not much more money.A Decent Shimano package for the price.I bought a pair of these bikes for me and my wife.We have rode them a few hundred miles and love them.Sure we will upgrade down the road to something nicer, but for an entry level bike you cant go wrong with the M30.

Similar Products Used: Mart Mongooses
Matt Nelson   Weekend Warrior [Apr 26, 2001]
Strength:

Get a lot of bike for minimal funds, strong frame, decent brakes, grippy tires. Good first bike to learn how to screw up on.

It didn't take long to blow the junk SR fork, and bend the back rim. Shifts too hard and loud, bad derailleurs (what do you expect for the $$$) Cost more to replace the parts than to replace the bike!

The ideal bike for the college student without the big money to still rip it up on the hard mountain trails and not cry when their $2000 bike is in pieces. Made in the US.

Similar Products Used: rode BMX prior
Darin   Weekend Warrior [Aug 04, 2000]
Strength:

Frame strength, price! Tires and braking. Seat comfort.

Front Shocks, I realize this is an entry level bike but shocks are a below entry level product! Shifters stick once an awhile.

Overall I was truely impressed with this bike. Pound for pound and for the price this bike outperformed the other two I tried. You can get along with the front suspension as long as you know your limitations. I would recommend this bike to anyone who is just starting to mountain bike. It stood up to the challenge of some of the harshest of trails.....Good job Raliegh

Similar Products Used: Trek, Haro
Joey Bahr   Weekend Warrior [Jun 20, 2000]
Strength:

Good all around bike for the price

could use some bar ends as stock

I love this bike. I haven't done that much trail riding on it yet because I am still trying to get my self in enough shape to takle some of the locals trails. The riding I have done on it has been a dream. Great ride. I have had some problems with shifting but they should be taken care of when I get back from the shop. If you are looking for a good bike to get you around and to do some trail riding for not that much money, look no farther than the M30.

Similar Products Used: none
Jeff Hyde   Weekend Warrior [May 03, 2000]
Strength:

Great entry price for new MBR's. Brakes are very responsive.

Needed several adjustments out of the box (bought on-line via auction), no bar ends. Didn't like the grips-not squishy (technical term)

Being new to mountain biking, the Raleigh M30 has really impressed me. It is the first suspension bike I have ever owned, and is a joy to ride. After a little tweaking of the derailleur, the shifting became smooth (Thanks, Dan). Can bottom the fork out with some effort (190 lbs.)

If you want a great entry level bike, this is it!

Rogger   Downhiller [Apr 17, 2000]
Strength:

Just about every thing...

NO End bars,chain,Grip shifting hard at some times...

Highly recomend this bike... Very resonsive breaks and tires... suspension very good... might wana suspension seat post or better seat..

Similar Products Used: Pacific Rock Stomper
TODD D   Weekend Warrior [Mar 18, 2000]
Strength:

SOILD LITE STEEL

BAR ENDS WOULD HELP

FOR THE PRICE ,THE M30 GIVES YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO GET WERE YOU WANT ,ENEY ONE WHO THINKS YOU MUST FORK OUT 1000. BUCKS FOR A NICE MTB ,PICK UP A M30 JUST FOR FUN AND TRUST ME THE PRICE WILL LEAVE YOU SMILING.