Oryx 2001 Equpe 2500 Hardtail Bike

Oryx 2001 Equpe 2500 Hardtail Bike

[Jul 23, 2001]
Ivan

Strength:

AWSOME BIKE!! strong frame, sweet Shimano Deore derailleurs, and shifters shifts like a dream. Sweet fork, light and durrable.

i shouldnt be complaining but ill be picky today...The seat hurts my Fargile ass and the rims arnt too strong but i screw up all rims so its probably just me. The tires arnt to well either but that can all be changed easily.

Excelent bike for the money, i highly recomend this bike!! the fork sokes up EVERYTHING it climbs like an..Oryx (Any of several long-horned Antelopes) 27.5 pounds, styling, everything that u want it has... the bomber Z.5, the shimano 9-speed, CANADIAN MADE!! check out their websie at:
www.oryx.ca

Kona Nunu with a bomber Z.5, i had a Nakamura Profile (sport check bike) NEVER BUY THOSE BIKES!! this thing just fell apart on me

[Jun 19, 2001]
Zack Wylde

Strength:

Wicked Componant spec for the price.....the best componant mix for this price gaurenteed. Ride feels great...gears are smooth, awesome forks...all around a great buy.

No Weaknesess....I would be anal and picky to say things need improvement...the bike is perfect.

Best bike I could find for the money. Bottom Line. If you check em all out, and do the math, I am sure yo will agree.
This bike is beautiful, I love it.
Great specs, great frame (solid steel, the one and only), and great customer service, and gaurentee...
I have no regrest or second thoughts about this purchase...
Adios Amigos

Kona, Rocky Mountain, Diamondback (agressive geometry, upsloping top bar)

[Aug 05, 2002]
joel nic

Strength:

The Xt dureiller is sweet, the deore are ok. Its not that light compared to all the other hardtails out there but it climbs really well. The Marzocchi Z5 fork is pretty nice.

The 4rox brakes and the Shimano crankset sux, I havnt had any problems with the brakes but 4rox doesnt have that good of a reputation. The rims really suck but im selling this bike and getting the Giant AC 3 so ill officially be a freerider i a couple days. Ditch the tires and get like WTB mutano raptors (best tubeless on the market.)

Its great for the money. Usually a setup like this would definatley be over 1 grand. Personally I hate hardtails but they climb way more easily than FS. I really recomend this bike for someone whos on a budget but is lookin for a good all around bike that will last them and do them on the trails. WARNING: do not attemp drops higher than 2 feet on this bike. I'll be goin for 5 footers on my Giant AC 3 in a couple days.

Norco Bigfoot, Norco Charger, Shwin Mesa GSX

[Jun 24, 2002]
Richard

Strength:

Frame, derailleurs, wheels, fork (Marzocchi Bomber).
What can I say... this bike is awesome in general! The fork is great, the frame is stiff, the wheels seem pretty tough after 1 year of hard trail.

The darn Shimano crankset which is creaking or cracking all the time. Plus, the middle chainring has folded... it's weak, and it's a common problem on those Shimano Crankset.

The original tyres also sucked... I changed both of them after 1 month.

Excellent bike!!!

For the price paid for it, most of the parts are excellent.

I just had to change my tyres, because the original Maxxis were weak.

As I said, the crankset and chainrings sucks.

Beside that, everything is perfect on this bike!

Norco Bigfoot SP '93

[Jun 29, 2002]
Olivier

Strength:

Frame, fork, derailleurs, wheels, brakes...
almost the whole bike in fact..

No problem yet except the maxxis tyres

I love this bike... it's stiff, stable, it shifts perfectly, it brakes very good, the Marzocchi fork is obviously the best on the market (not afraid of any Rock Chock)

[Aug 29, 2002]
Hardtail .

Strength:

Tough stuff, this thing is awesome it can take anything i throw at it. Yes even a 5 foot drop, i did it no problem (after i replaced the rims of course)

the seat hurts my ass, and i bent it so the bolt snapped off, but no problems any mroe

awesome bike for your money, can handel drops (for a 160lbs guy) took it on a 5 footer with a flat landing (like i said before) and im confidant in it to handle a 6 or 7 (maby not a flat landing for these)

awesome ride!