Merlin 2001 XLM Hardtail Bike

Merlin 2001 XLM Hardtail Bike

[Aug 09, 2001]
Mark

Strength:

Everything

Nothing

This is my dreambike! I have nothing bad to say about this bike. It's light (21.7 lbs), fast, and very responsive. It is a thing of beauty. This bike is made to race. I would recommend this frame to anyone willing to make the investment. I've heard this frame feels "squirrely" to someone that weighs a little more (I weigh 158), but it is perfect for me. I would recommend the Mountain frame to someone heavier if you're interested in a Merlin hardtail. Either way, you can't go wrong!

Litespeed Unicoi

OVERALL
[Dec 17, 2002]
Dominic LaRoche

Strength:

Best bike I have ever ridden! Climbs like a goat and fast on the descents. Takes big drops that I would be afraid to try on an equivalent aluminum hard tail. I have raced on, commuted on, and generally abused this bike for over five years with not a single complaint. I even knocked the bike off my roof rack a year after I bought it.

?

Worth every penny if you you love hardtails and you want to make a life long investment in a no gimicks sweet ride.

Specialized stumpjumper S works, Lite speed, giant xtc