Lodestar 1999 Destiny Hardtail Bike

Lodestar 1999 Destiny Hardtail Bike

1999 Lodestar Destiny, mountain bike, front suspension, Shimano XTR components, Marzocchi Bomber Z-2 BAM fork

[Mar 26, 1999]
Mark

Strength:

Fantastically light, responsive and good value for money

paint job comes off too easily

The bike is very light, responsive and good value for money. I haven't had any prior experience with Mag frames before this - this bike is fantabulous. Have not had any problems as yet - but it's still new and I've only ridden a few times. Will update as I go along.

[Mar 08, 1999]
Mark
cross-country rider

Incredibly light frame - lighter than Ti - and I ride a Merlin. Never ridden Lodestar - but will try soon. Since some find they have to comment even before riding, well, I will do so too. To balance the other untested comments, I give this a 5

[Nov 08, 1998]
Chewie

I was looking long and hard at getting a Lodestar. You have to admit that the frame weight is unbelievable. After researching the company I found some items of interest and decided against purchasing a Lodestar. YBM Magnex is Lodestar's parent company. If you are looking at getting a Lodestar I suggest you take a look at this site: http://www3.techstocks.com/ and type in YBM Magnex in the form box. I'll give three chiles to remain neutral. Make up your own mind.