Haro 2000 Werks XCR Hardtail Bike

• Rim - Mavic X317 for Disc 32h

• USER REVIEWS

[Jul 27, 2006]
    RabidSqrl

Strength:

Light, looks nice, and is strong. Haven't broken this frame yet

None that I have found.

I bought the frame only back in 2000 to use as my primary race bike. I built it up to be as light as I could without going overboard with cost. I'm a tall person and the geometry of the frame works great for me. It's also a very light bike. Although the frame looks fragile in some places (near the dropouts in particular), it has handled many rough trails and rock gardens without damage. I like the bike so much that I recently started to upgrade it instead of buying a new frame. Upgrades so far have been replacing the brakes from Avid SD mags to BB7s. And I'll also be replacing the XMO fork (light fork but not plush) with some flavor of fox fork.. Talus, 80RLT, 100RLT, etc. Depends what I find a good deal on. Anyway I love this bike and it has been nothing but a great ride!

Haro Escape 7.3 and various other hardtails.

[Nov 13, 2000]
    Brian

Strength:

XT Full XT with XT Discs Sid 100

A little stiff

This is a great balance between XC racer and freeride hardtail. Its made of Easton pipes and is fairly light for the ease with which it handles the terrain

Trek 8900, Schwinn Sweet Spot

[Jul 19, 2001]
    Edgar B

Strength:

Short seat tube with a long top tube, tons of top tube clearence, allowing you to switch to a smaller frame size then usual that has a great ride.

None yet.

The perfect bike for a tall person who wants to get into trial riding, the geometry works great. I did build a lot different then the way it comes stock.

I also have a Team Issue Mt Fuji that I build specific for cross country, and my Haro is more of a urban assault trial riding.