Haro 2000 Escape A7.2 Hardtail Bike

Haro 2000 Escape A7.2 Hardtail Bike

mountain bike, front suspension, Mountain Mix components, Answer Manitou Magnum, 3.0" travel fork

[May 22, 2000]
SCOTT CODER

Strength:

NICE SOLID FRAME WITH OK COMPONENTS AND A DISC BRAKE.

PEDALS AND CRANKS

I HAD TESTED MULTIPLE BIKES IN THIS PRICE RANGE AND THE HARO GRABBED MY ATTENTION WITH ITS EXCELLENT ERGOS AND THE GENERAL FEEL OF THE BIKE. THE FRAME IS EXTREMELY RIGID AND TRACKS NICELY. I WAS ALSO IMPRESSED BY THE DISC BRAKE. I WAS WEARY OF PURCHASING A BIKE WITH A LOWER PRICED DISC BUT HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS SO FAR AND HAVE RIDIN THE BIKE FOR ABOUT 200 MILES. I FEEL THIS BIKE IS A GREAT INTERMEDIATE TRAIL BIKE. LIKE I SAID I PURCHASED THE BIKE BECAUSE IT FELT RIGHT AND WAS COMFORTABLE TO RIDE AND HAD OK COMPONENTS. BOTTOM LINE, DO YOUR RESEARCH, RIDE MULTIPLE BIKES AND BUY THE ONE THAT FITS YOU PROPERLY AND THAT YOU HAVE AN IMMEDIATE CONNECTION WITH.

KONA CINDER CONE, GT REBOUND, TREK 6500

[May 29, 2001]
Shawn Trottier

Strength:

Sturdy ride that has (so far) withstood everything a 6'4" 270 lbs clumsy trail rider can throw at it. Decent components, good stopping power, one of the better entry level shocks in the Manitou.

Ungodly howl of the front disc brake (although useful for warning bears of my approach) requires hearing protection be added to the list of personal protective equipment.

Upgrade the pedals and you have a perfect bike for the recreational single track rider.
Way better than Noms Kona and Tibbs Marin.

Mongoose

[Jan 07, 2001]
Choon Kit Chan

Strength:

Strong frame and solid back-end. Good shifting at rear mech (Deore). Dia-Tech disc brake grips strong and firm -- superb stopping power. Rear V-brakes isn't too bad either -- doesn't squeak against the rims. Manitou Magnum fork feels supple with big bumps. Nice decal and frame colour (tange).

Trying to point the cockpit at where I want to is a problem at fast speeds. WTB Primal Raptor tires don't grip -- I had many skids and almost fell off the bike whenever I tackle a switchback or climb a muddy trails. Tried to decrease tire pressure for better grip, but that didn't work. Front disc brake grips well but also scrapes against the rotor endlessly and squeals like a banshee at times! Very embarassing...and this is in dry conditions, mind you! Cheap looking crank arms and pedals. Bike still feels heavy in spite of the boast of only 29 pounds.

What the heck! I firmly believe HARO has a winner in this bike despite its cons. And don't let the price tag fools you. In my case, well, I come from Malaysia and the exchange rate in US Dollar ain't exactly favouring me, y'know.
I may upgrade the Manitou Magnum fork later on. This Magnum is Manitous's entry level fork. It's a real cheapo fork, if you ask me.
Escape A7.2 gives me the confidence in hacking up those gnarly singletracks and blazing down the scary hills. Cheers, HARO!

[Nov 21, 2000]
chase philpotts

Strength:

Great Manitou fork: WTB seat (comfy on the rear): rigid frame (takes a heck of a beating and keeps on tickin)

Pedals are cheap: front derailer could use some work: front disc is kind of lazy to grip, but works well

This is a wonderful trail bike! what else can i say? I think it can compete with bikes that cost way more than it does.

Giant Iguana SE: Giant Rainer

[Jul 22, 2000]
Gilon Mandelzweig
Downhiller

Strength:

Very Good frame, front disc brake, rear Shimano Deore derilluer, front Manitou Magnum suspension fork.

Front Shimano Aulivio derilluer.

I Reeeaalllly enjoy riding this bike. Previosly i have been riding a Haro EX0 double suspension bike, and the best thing i ever did is sell that bike and switch to a hard-trail bike. It is at least 3 times faster, much lighter and more powerful. Highly recommended!!! :)

Specialized Hard-Trail

[Feb 14, 2001]
Chris Head

Strength:

strong light frame, a lot of travle on the shox, rear derailer works well, disc is good, easy to handle

the shox take about a month to break in but befor that they are very stiff, disc works well but is kind of noisy, front derailer I i would rather have a shimano accera, or deore and I bent one of the front chain rings on my second or third ride

the bottom line is that this is a good bike for an even better price I would recomend it for a beginner or an experianced rider it has a few flaws but they can be over come easily

trek 4900