Haro 1999 Vector V1 Hardtail Bike

Haro 1999 Vector V1 Hardtail Bike

1999 Haro Vector V1, mountain bike, front suspension, Mountain Mix components, SR Suntour M-6100, 2.5" travel fork

[Jan 11, 2016]
Stan Tollerton

Strength:

Great fun little bike

Weak forks so swapped out for Rockshocks RC28's and a pair of Shwalbe Black Jacks, all discounted, now it's better than new.

Excellent value bike that has lasted year and years - 15 to be exact.

[Jun 21, 2010]
meowdog83

Strength:

I have had this bike for 10 years now. Light, fast, durable, excellent bike for commuting, especially if you use the road as well as trails. Handlebars are comfortable and the position is excellent for tall riders.

none, just regular wear and tear, i havereplaced the rear shift, tires, seat but that about it, the rest of the bike has held it own for 10 years.

I bought this bike when I was 18 and loved it then. I have ridden it through rough terain and have pedaled it quickly on the road, over time i have replaced the seat, tires, and rear shifter, but thats all, I love this bike, and highly recoment it for any user, I also have a Marin mountain bike but i think it is not nearly as good as my HARO. I think it will last me another 10 years easy. If you can still find this bike, go for it.

Marin mountain bike, I thought i was upgrading but found the Marin uncomfortable, too heavy and slow, rough shifter.

[Dec 03, 2001]
Tom Gaudoin

Strength:

I choose the bike coz it looked nice, back when I was a lowly road rider. I soon started upgrading and the frame is all that remains, cuz its the best.

Stock Components don't do justice to a finely designed frame.

If you can find 1 going cheap then its a good buy but the frame is holding me back now, shame. Thinkkng about it I should have saved my money, whailst riding the Haro, and got a GT later. But I didn't and this frames seen me through the worsed and come out the other side looking like new.
If your just getting into riding then Haro is a great company to start off with, I'm thinking about an Ellsworth truth frame now.

All my mates bikes, Diamond Backs, GTs, Giant atx870 etc.

[May 27, 2001]
Jayne
Downhiller

Strength:

The Frame!!!!!!!!! i've put this thing thru hell and it's still holding up!!

the shifters, the suspension(but it's xc so u'd expect that)

this is an awsome bike for a beginner in cross country riding. i've had mine for three years and i've put this thing thru hell. i ride it like it's a dh and it's held up brilliantly!! there are only two things i don't like about this bike: 1. travel(not enough but it was cheap)2. those damn trigger shifters!!!!! they always are slow to shift and the chain falls off every five seconds if you don't shift very slowly. overall an awsome bike! i'd recommend it to any beginner.

norco bigfoot

[Jul 18, 2001]
ryan mitchell

Strength:

good front suspension excellent brakes strong frame yet overall a fairly light bike

gears sometimes come out of adjustment very easily

an excellent bike for both on and off road and is one of the best bikes you can buy for its price range

[Nov 03, 2004]
Nate P.

Strength:

Sturdy frame. Great value.

Shifts clunkily; the stock seat is pretty hard.

I use this bike for short commutes (~4 mile round trip) and find it to be pretty well suited to that purpose. It climbs OK. I don't find myself rocketing up the hill to work, but that's more a personal fitness issue. I got it for cheap when the 2000 models rolled in; superb value for the money.

None.

[Jun 14, 2001]
darcy fuller

Strength:

Excellent climber,really light aluminum frame,great on technical singletrack,fast on the road.

slow shifting,tires do not grip well in wet conditions,crappy saddle I upgraded mine to Velo Fulcrum Suspension saddle.Slides around in the downhill sections.

Buy it.needs some upgrades but its worth it.If your looking for a biketo get into the mountaine bike scenne but also want a bike for around town.

first mountain bike purchased.

[Nov 30, 1999]
stephen
Downhiller

Strength:

brakes, shocks

gears

great bike, shame about the gears

[Apr 14, 1999]
Jon
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Frame
Brakes
Color (the blue is sweet)

I got such a deal on my A7.1 and love it so much that I went out and bought my wife this Vector. Our local bike shop has been wonderful to deal with and have loved dealing with Haro's reps. as well. The Vector for the money has got to be one of the best looking and highest quality bikes in this price range on the market. We couldn't be happier for the money we've paid.

GT Saddleback

[Apr 14, 1999]
Kristin

I was looking at this bike and the GT Saddleback, which is a beautiful bike as well, but chose to go with the Haro because I got a better deal on it. It has performed as well as expected and been a ton of fun to ride.