Haro 1999 Escape A7.3 Hardtail Bike

Haro 1999 Escape A7.3 Hardtail Bike

1999 Haro Escape A7.3, mountain bike, front suspension, Mountain Mix components, Rock Shox Jett T2, 3.0" travel fork

[Sep 13, 2001]
nathan

Strength:

Great all around XC machine. Sexiest blue color ever

Jett fork made of cheese

great bike, fast light, get a better fork and you are set

trek Y11

[Dec 22, 2000]
Richard

Strength:

Pretty light(frame), good looks, bent top tube

Weak paint job, not light enough, came with craptacular components

This bike is alright. I also have a Santa Cruz Heckler, which makes this thing look like horse poo. The Jetts bottom out on anything, and I only weigh 140lbs. The thing seems relativly well-made, and it works well for the price. It would be great as a first bike because it's pretty cheap, but it goes with the bottom of the higher-end bike otherwise.

the usual

[Mar 13, 2001]
Dean

Strength:

XT rear Der.
LX shifters
strong frame
light

Jett shock
tires
clipless pedals?

It's a good bike for around $500. The Jett shock constantly bottomed out and had horrible rebound. The tires wore after about 100 miles of riding. After a few hundred dollars in upgrades, the bike is really nice.

[May 09, 2000]
Ace G.

Strength:

Frame is very light and durable. WTB rims are sturdy and light. XT in the rear is nice!

Can't ask too much for the price I paid.

With a little work this bike is ready to race. The frame is very light and with an XT in the rear you can't go wrong. I upgrade the shocks, the cranks and a couple other features for comfort and this bike rocks. I plan to start racing this year and I don't see myself getting another bike anytime soon. Comparable bikes start at 800, I got mine at 525. All this and the bike is very nice looking as well. You can't go wrong if you get this bike under 650. You can upgrade a couple things and have a bike that will last a long time and able to race if you so desire. And if this is your first bike, you'll have to spend about 1000 on your next in order to tell the difference.

Doesn't matter

[Apr 23, 2000]
Tripp Foster

Strength:

strong frame. I weight 250 pounds it takes a beating from me without blinking.

the front derailleur and crank seem light for me.

a great first mountain bike defintely for the more aggressive rider. iam now hungry for my first fullsuspension downhill bike. obviously one that can take a beating.

[Apr 16, 2000]
DigiToast

Strength:

Very light frame and stock components are good.

Front Fork (Jett T2).

This bike is simply wonderful. It responds quickly and handles nicely. The light frame is a big advantage to the bike. The weight of the bike is surprising, I almost threw it into the air when my dealer placed it into my hands the first time. I was completely caught off-guard by the light frame. The quality of the frame is also very good. I've tortured it and thrown it around with drops/falls and it has survived with no problems at all. My only complaint is the front fork that doesn't quite fit my personal needs. It bottoms now and then for me (I weight 170lbs).

Trek 6000

[Mar 02, 2000]
Ace

Strength:

This is a very light bike, good initial componants, bent frame has saved my manhood a couple times!

have found no real issues as of yet. but if i had to pick one it would be the tires. (they suffice)

I am very happy so far with the performance of the bike. With a few adjustments I made the bike fit me like a glove. I got a really good price for this bike which makes another plus. Next is an upgrade to the Judy or maitou shock but not until this jett t2 wears out. P.S. Hey Crocodile Dundee, quit giving bogus reviews just cause your pissed at haro, people want to know about the bike, not the manufacturer. Go back under, your not finished yet!

gt rebound, g.f. marlin

[Oct 14, 1999]
Bruzer
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Excellent value again, I upgraded from the HARO 7.2 which I enjoyed. Light, and excellent frame...feels strong. WTB Hubs Strong

Front forks it comes with...But up graded these.

Great strong yet light bike, excellent frame. Once components upgraded makes it an excelent machine...jumped it to death and nothing has bent...I guess you can tell I like this Bike!

HARO 7.2, Specialized stump jumper, Avavta Agressor, khs.

[Sep 20, 1999]
Seann

Strength:

Frame, LX shifters and rder, color

Jett T2 fork

This was a great bike overall. My LBS was offering it at $560. I almost bought it. Luckily my LBS had trails behind the store with varying terrain. i had the shocks tightened all the way and I still bottomed out several times on roots and rocks. I weigh 180 lbs. On flat, twisty terrain, the bike handled beautifully. It was very quick and comfortable. If not for the fork, I would have bought it. iwould recommend to lighter riders or riders who don't want to go over roots, rocks, fallen trees, etc. or trade in the shock for an upgrade. I would have done that, but the LBS sold me a Kona Cinder Cone for $600. There was no hesitation there. The bike deserves 5 burning turds but I give it 4 because of the Jett shock.

Kona NuNu, KHS Alite 1000, Schwinn Moab 1,
GF Kaitai, Kona Cinder Cone

[Aug 17, 1999]
Frank Krol

Strength:

Nice ride stance, great rapid fires, strong brakes yeehaw, looks wicked! easy to toss around.

Chain broke first time out. grips slip right from the shop.

My wife freaked when I spent 710+tax on a bike. She has since bought the 7.0 and now I tow a baby trailer with my quazi race bike. I love it! Good in the rocky trails and gets up quick! I got a freakin jem for a good price! This thing has top notch components for a novice like me. I may change the clips when I learn more about them. My buddy made me look sick on my old bike, now I can keep up with him and he's been on his Specialized for 3 years WOOHOO! The guy at the shop is now swinging me some serious deals on garb too!

Old Canadian rigid fraim. Now it is my beater up to the store bike.