GT 2000 Aggressor Hardtail Bike

mountain bike, front suspension, Mountain Mix components, SR MG91 fork

Alex   Racer [Jun 27, 2003]
Strength:

Killer frame can handle the most brutal terrain.Upgradable.

No rear disc mount. Stock drivetrain blows. Nysnc fork?

If u are just getting into mountain biking or just want an extra bike but don't have 1000 dollars to blow this is a good bike for u. I set mine up to do light downhill,freeride,and xc. apart from some broken components the bike has helt up well. Can handle anything u can dish. If anyone has anything bad to say about this bike they don't know how to ride or got a factory lemon.This bike is awesome.

Similar Products Used: cannondale cad 1. trek single track
Matthew Anderson   Cross Country Rider [Mar 14, 2002]
Strength:

The frame is strong and light which makes a great choice to grow into higher end componentry. The triangle tube design for the seat post puts the rear tire under the seat for superb traction.

The rims are single wall and bend easily

I love it! I had the chance to buy a Gary Fisher 2 or upgrade this bike and I went with this bike. It's frame is tight and responsive, and the traction is fantastic.

Similar Products Used: Gary Fisher Wahoo, KHS FTX Rage.
Jason   Weekend Warrior [Mar 05, 2002]
Strength:

Very light and can handle more than I expected.

Mid to low end components were upgraded in about two months after I bought the bike.

This is an excellent bike with a sturdy,lightweight frame. Upgrading cost next to nothing. This a perfect bike for me because I am an ex bmxer who loves to thrash around on big hills. I have had no major problems that I have not encountered from just normal wear and tear. This is a great purchase for beginner to novice riders or the weekend warrior like myself.

Similar Products Used: Giant ATX 880
Nick Johns   Weekend Warrior [Jul 25, 2001]
Strength:

Good strong frame and is quite light

Forks,chain,pedals and some of the components

gets me where I want to go and can handle some jumping
An o.k. bike

Similar Products Used: dawes, GT
Erik   Cross Country Rider [Jul 10, 2001]
Strength:

Frame, price

Components, fork, tires, rims, etc...

This is a great bike if you don't want to spend a lot of money up front to ride, as long as you anticipate having to upgrade parts as they deteriorate and/or break. The components used to manufacture this bike are entry-level at best, yet seem to perform reasonably if well-maintained. I wouldn't recommend this bike to someone who plans to compete with it, but for other more casual riders, it works fine. Just as a recommendation, it may be a good idea to upgrade the tires right away if you live and ride in soggy conditions...

Similar Products Used: Giant, Trek, Specialized
Chris   [Sep 19, 2000]
Strength:

This bike rocks, i love the it, and it was the best "bang for the buck" i could find fun right out of the box (with exception of fork)

The shock " WHAT THE FU#$" the shock bottoms out with my 220lbs and with my 140lb friend just standing on it. not to mention the shock weighs more than the bike. I'm willing to bet that wallmart sells a better shock than this one. SHAME on GT for even thinking of putting this on their product, and suntour get a clue!!!

this is a good bike for an beginner to expert biker that doesnt want to break the bank but wants a quality bike, the components arn't the greatest and the shock has to go!!! but when you consider paying upwards of 800- for a bike with a comprable setup with a better fork, well you do the math.

Similar Products Used: speacialized rock hopper, GT timberlain
Lance Carter   Weekend Warrior [May 26, 2001]
Strength:

Light, Frame is outstanding! Brakes are awesome for non disk lower line stuff. The balance is out of this world.

The Derailurers act up a little bit. I have had it tuned up and there is still a gear or two that is a bit sluggish. Pedals could be better.

:) The bottom line is that I have been riding every day on all sorts of surfaces. I do a lot of exploring and get into a lot of places that are just plain insaine. This little bike has no problem getting me out of those spots.This is the ultimate entry level bike!
Hail Gary Turner!!!!

Similar Products Used: Rode a couple of custom jobs.
Dan Arron   Weekend Warrior [Jun 06, 2001]
Strength:

A good ride, from my limited experience, reasonable weight and performance- mainly good value for money though.

Found the gears a bit crunchy and perhaps the suspension a bit stiff. But they can be changed.

A bargain, if only for the strong and light frame.

Similar Products Used: None
sam   Weekend Warrior [Apr 25, 2001]
Strength:

EXCELLENT GEOMETRY,GOOD HANDLING.RELATIVELY LIGHT.NOT SO EXPENSIVE QUALITY FRAME.

STOCK COMPONENTS ARE CRAP ESPECIALLY THE WHEELS AND SADDLE.NO REAR DISC BRAKE MOUNT.

I BOUGHT A FULLY LOADED AGRESSOR BIKE EXCEPT FOR THE SADDLE AND THE WHEEL WHICH GAVE AWAY AT THE VERY FIRST OPPORTUNITY.APART FROM THAT IT IS A VERY SOLID AND ROCK STEADY BIKE.WITH MY CURRENT SET UP THE BIKE IS RELATVILY LIGHT AND EASY TO THROW AROUND.