GT 1999 Aggressor Hardtail Bike

1999 GT Aggressor, mountain bike, front suspension, Mountain Mix components, SR Suntour MG80, 2.5" travel fork

Cam   Weekend Warrior [Sep 29, 2001]
Strength:

Aluminium frame, attractive colour scheme, suspension

heavy, cheap componentry

This bike has been going on strong for 2 years now. My friends have more expensive bikes, but somehow, where their's have failed, mine keeps going. I use my bike for a bit of everything. I commute to work, go on cross country cycle holidays and hit the downhills on weekends. With almost 4000 kms on my computer, all I've had to replace is one set of brake pads and and a bald tyre. I have had no componentry upgrades, and was considering buying a new bike. Having read all the amazing reviews here, I think I might just get an upgrade. This bike has been very good to me and I'm going to hold on to it for a few more years!

Similar Products Used: Mongoose IBC
gray collins8us   Cross Country Rider [Sep 16, 2001]
Strength:

It has not ever procen down

reusty v brakes and general rust not good

I have had this bike for a whill it has not drasticaly let me down but i use it to go to school every day and for that it looks the part. The newer styles of aggressor look rubbish and i personally don't like them so they have put me off getting a nother one. Hever should any one get the new aggressor it puts down the GT Team.

Brian   Cross Country Rider [Oct 20, 2001]
Strength:

Nothen!

Everything!

This bike bites! I've had it for 2 years and i broke the freakin frame. Bottom line is that if u want the worst bike, by a gt. I bought a new bike, the 2002 Giant Ranier and it is 1000000 times better! GT bites, and im glad that they went bankrupt.

Ed   Weekend Warrior [Sep 23, 2000]
Strength:

Frame, fork, handle bars, crankset,

derailer, seat, shifters, cogs, rims, brakecables

IT's a good bike if you don't do so much as you don't crash it but, I've had to replace the brake cable, bend back the front cog,I've broken the original seat for it the first month, and I'm lookin into buying a new back rim cuz the old one is shot. Otherwise it's got a solid frame that sounds solid when you drop, it's easy to control, has a smooth ride, and it's great on just flying around in the woods

Similar Products Used: Gary Fisher Tassajara
Judd   Weekend Warrior [Jul 20, 1999]
Strength:

The price. The ride.

Very uncomfortable seat. Permanent enema.

This bike isjust plain fun to ride. For the price, it cannot be beat. No one seems to like the suspension, but I rode for seven years with no suspension whatsoever. So it's all gravy at this point. It was close between this and the Fischer Tassajara, especially with the superior components of the latter. But truth be told, the Agressor shifted a lot more smoothly and was a much more comfortable ride (ignoring the saddle). And I find that superior bikes are for inferior riders, especially at this price range. Austin has some pretty tough rides and this GT handles like a champ. Don't fool yourself into thinking you require more bike than this, unless you are a pro and/or have money to burn. But I do suggest investing in a new saddle.

Similar Products Used: Gary Fischer Tassajara
Specialized Hard Rock Comp FS
1992 Diamondback Ascent (previous bike)
J   Weekend Warrior [Jul 22, 1999]
Strength:

Looks great, Handles great, Suntour shick is ok sometimes

suntour shock, pedals

I have had this bike for about a week and have had no problems so far. The suntour shock reacted well to bumps on the trails I've been on. The suntour MG-80 is better than people give it credit for.

Similar Products Used: Trek 830AL
Schwinn Mesa gs
Schwinn Mesa gsx
Kurt   Weekend Warrior [Apr 08, 1999]
Strength:

The frame is ok and the handiling i good

the front shock is'nt
the greatest

The bike is great for under four hundred dollars
and the front shock is ok, but I will probaly
upgrade in the future. I liked it the best out of
many bikes and bought it 2 weeks ago. THE BIKE ROCKS!!!!

Similar Products Used: dimondback Sorrento
gt outpost
Cheong   Weekend Warrior [Sep 15, 2000]
Strength:

Value for money. Solid as a rock. Fast going bike and a superp pain job.

Heavy - Probably due to the weight of the fork and stem/handlebar combi.

With SGD$460 (abt.USD$271), It's probably the friendliest price for a bike with a brand. The bike is tough too as proven by my buddy performing a nasty "Over The Bar" crash with my brand new Aggressor. I picked up the bike without a cratch leaving him with injuries all over. The front portion of the bike is slightly heavy and upgrading is imminent. I started with the stem and bar taking off a bit of weight and will probably be upgrading the fork soon. All in all, the bike is fast, stable and I love riding it.

Scott McGraw   Weekend Warrior [Apr 13, 2001]
Strength:

It is a very very durable bike. Very comfortable even though it is a hard tail.

none yet

The bike is perfect in every way so far that I have noticed. I enjoy it when I ride it. If it is in the Adirondack mountains or on the streets of central NY. The bikes weight is not an issue because it is very light. The bike can handle the big jumps and the small once. The bike is for beginners and professionals

Scott Schneider   Cross Country Rider [Apr 05, 2001]
Strength:

frame, fork,

pedals, deraliur

Ita really good bike for weekend rides but if you are going to go cross country with that, you should get a better bike or upgrade the pieces.