Giant 1999 Sedona SE Hardtail Bike

Giant 1999 Sedona SE Hardtail Bike

1999 Giant Sedona SE, mountain bike, front suspension, Mountain Mix components, RST 281 fork

[Oct 15, 2000]
Jeff

Strength:

Wheelset / tire combo; Frame

Stock Indy Front Shock

I have rode the bike for 3 years and over 2500 miles, 90% offroad. Bike is very worthy of upgrading components as they wear out are trashed. Bike is not super light but takes tremondous punishment.

To bad you can't buy this old Chro-mo warrior at your LBS anymore, it is an excellent value. Great point and shoot handling.

Yes, mine looks way cooler than the picture you are trying to pass off as a Sedonna SE.

Fuji BLVD

[Jun 15, 2000]
Brian

Strength:

Price, components, which seem to varry regionally , as mine had an LX crank,and RS T2

Pedals....changed them right away, fork is a little soft but I'm a little heavy

I wanted to upgrade, but I loved the feel of the bike so instead of buying a new bike I added better components, sure the frame isn't that light , but it would be less costly for me to loose weight. Overall a great bike, and race worthy, I did 3 races last summer with it , she preformed admirably. This year my son was btween bikes and borrowed mine for a race, he loved it and it didn't let him down, BTW where did u get that poor excuse for a "Sedona" in the pic.

Rocky's we have 3 of them in the house

[Apr 10, 2000]
Victor Wu

Strength:

- great specs for the price; love the mega 9 drivetrain
- pretty light considering it's a chromoly frame
- the bike's shifts are as smooth as butter
- Jett T2 fork won't seize up in cold weather
- easier to steer than my friends $1500 bike!

- long settling in period; I had to take the bike to the shop twice to align the brake pads, and they still squeal if they're wet! Wires need some time to stretch as well.
- horrible seat; had to replace it

This bike is one big step up from crappy department store bikes. The extra cogs in the back really come in handy when you're climbing up hills or decending them. For the price of the bike that I got ($850, including mods), plus two years unlimited maintence, it's a steal. This bike is good the the beginner to intermediate rider and also the recreational. Also, that picture of the bike on the page is the wussiest Sedonna that I've ever seen, if it is a Sedonna. Mine looks so much better. Five flaming turds overall!!

98 Schwinn Moab, Jeep TJ Sport(don't buy this department store bike)

[Apr 07, 2000]
jason duguay

Strength:

For the price, great components. Not the bike pictured, looks way cooler. Great ride. Takes a beating and keeps on ticking

No real weakness at all. I'd just be bitching if I nit picked.

As before, great value. If all the bikes I but are this good for the dollar I'll be the happiest guy on two wheels.

N/A

[Nov 14, 1999]
Frogger

Strength:

very nicely outfitted nice mix of shimano components

horribly shaped seat
first thing I changed

Very fun bike to ride and relatively light
considering it's cromo frame. Yah and also that
pansy-assed bike pictured above doesn't one bit resemble the one I bought.

Gary Fisher Big Sur
Giant Rincon
Specialized Hard Rock

[Aug 22, 1999]
Rico
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

components for price

Hard rock saddle
Generic cage pedals

Brought it to bed with me for two weeks, then decided to test it. I'd probably like a $2000 bike alot more, but for the price, i'm very happy!
Tweaking and tuning is a learning process for me
but the bike has yet to let me down. If this were a car, it would compare with a Mazda 626. Not
bad.

None... Other shops told
me they couldn't match
$695 cdn inc. tax.

[Aug 17, 1999]
Jon

Strength:

Aluminum frame, RST 281 suspension fork, kalloy suspension seat post, adjustable stem, precise shifts from derailleur, Price $344
A steal at Bike USA

The adjustable stem creaks after curb hopping and downhilling. Perhaps easily solved with tightening and a teflon base lube.

If your looking for an comfortable all terrain bike with mild off-road usage this is your bike.

Giant Rincon SE, Gary Fisher Marlin, Specialized Hardrock FS

[Jul 15, 2001]
joe d

Strength:

light (mine's aluminum), solid, takes abuse, most stock components decent.

even with large frame (I'm 6'3") geometry seems a little off.

I ride this baby pretty hard through dry creek beds, rocky downhill stuff, technical switchbacks. I love it. this bike can stand up to bumps, grinds, and spills.

My friend wanted to get one. He used to race BMX as a kid and wanted something decent to get back into the game. Too bad Giant made the new Sedona as wussy as the one in the picture up top.

Was a great value. My rating is based on the '99.

[Oct 03, 2004]
Jim

Strength:

Nice component mix on bike, capable of more than I can throw at it so far. No failures despite several hundred kilometres with no maintenance when on a trip.

Wide bars make some narrow trails impassable. If using as a do-all bike, invest in a second cheap wheelset with slicks to throw on for around town riding.

Good solid bike. Can handle steep uphills, with enough travel in the front to take the downs that follow. An excellent bike for someone looking to get into mountain biking without a huge budget to throw at it. Solid performer that won't complain whether you're hauling an extra fifty pounds of groceries home on it, or cranking up a rock-strewn mountain side.

Norco Scrambler,