Gary Fisher 2001 Supercaliber Hardtail Bike

2001 Supercaliber

ricardo   Racer [Dec 05, 2001]
Strength:

light,exelent geometry .

bontrager crank,michelin tires,tubless system,super super cheap paint,flexy frame, doesnt last long time

i am a 60 kilos boy and i broke the frame in about 4 months in a little jump ,they send me the 2002 model an i sell it, the bontrager crank is light but very weak,the sid sl fork had freeplay between the crown and fork boots,i have had as sid xc,and a sid race both were exelent forks and i didnt had any trouble with them, the paint scratch very easy it doesnt last a long time.michelin tires are almost imposible to come out and they are very thin so they come flat easily,tubless sistem is hard to inflate and loose air in like 15 days for the same money buy a s works m4

Similar Products Used: gary fisher paragon,stumpjumper m2, cannondale f500
Marshall   Racer [Nov 07, 2001]
Strength:

Geometry, SID SL fork, light weight

Tubeless tires, flexy crank

Geometry (mostly longer top tube/short stem) on this bike is amazing. Climbs easily over what used to be "hike-a-bike" for me. Product selection is excellent, except that I found that the Bontrager cranks were too flexy for my 175 lbs, swapped for XT's. The jury is still out on the tubeless tire system. Tubeless is a great concept, getting them to seal reliably is still an ordeal. If you pinch-flat a lot, they're worth the trouble. A fabulous racing package.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale CAAD 2, 4
Stephen Chung   Cross Country Rider [Oct 08, 2001]
Strength:

Everything!
Long toptube's power to Genesis geometry

Great! Perfect! I love Fisher's this one. It is very fast & light. The Genesis geometry may get some bad, but I really like it, because it controls smooth and makes climbing easier.
This bike is a Masterpiece for Crosscountry Riders.

Similar Products Used: Trek OCLV Elite 9.8, Rocky Mt. Vertex TO, GT Zaskar Team,
Giant MCM Team, Cannondale F4000, Specialized M4 etc...
Randy   Racer [Aug 09, 2001]
Strength:

Nimble, climbs like a goat, balanced fore-aft.

Turny!(Big smile)

Not for those who are not willing to expect something very responsive, but excellent for someone who is in need of a definitive speed machine. This bike carves in the fast corners and well balanced in the steep tecnical climbs and decents.
I'm an ex-racer who expects quality and great design. Though I've only had the frame for a short period after breaking my old frame. I am very happy about the geometry, and the ride it creates.

Similar Products Used: 96' Gary Fisher Procaliber
Steve   Weekend Warrior [Jun 14, 2001]
Strength:

This bike is light and fast, comes stock with good to very good components at a moderate price. After you get accustomed to the jitter-prone front-end you will love ripping up the climbs – this bike loves to go fast and can handle itself on the downhill as well.

Front-end is a lttle jitter-prone until you get accustomed
to the feel of the bike.

So far so good - we have all read many reviews in regards
to the tubeless tires and hubs used on the Bontrager race
sets, I have yet to experience any problems with them.

Would I recommend the bike? Oh yes
Would I buy another one? Oh yes
Would I suggest lowering the price? Oh yes

What would I change? The fork - there is too much play

Similar Products Used: My last ride was entry level - not fair to compare the two.
Nathan   Racer [Jun 20, 2001]
Strength:

Everything

Wheelset is just the regular racelites with a plastic
insert.....get xmax, be happy.

the first reviewer is on crack. the fork is awesome, even for a big boy like myself......the SID Sl is the best cross country racing fork on the planet. i don't think that is in dispute.