Gary Fisher 1999 Supercaliber Hardtail Bike

1999 Supercaliber

1999 Gary Fisher Supercaliber, mountain bike, front suspension, Shimano Deore XT components, Answer Manitou SX Ti, 3.15" travel fork

Aaron   Cross Country Rider [Sep 18, 2007]
Strength:

Light, stiff, durable, stable steering at high speeds.

Absolutely nothing.

I bought the SuperCaliber as a frame only, 16", in '00. It has enough room for a 2.35" rear tire, and can take all the abuse you can give to it. I only weigh 150lbs, but I've never noticed any flexing or other issues from hard riding. My frame weighs exactly 3.0lbs, and doubles as a sweet "road" bike in the wetter, colder months due to its light weight (just add road tires and a rigid fork!).

I'll ride this into the ground--which will probably be a lot more years--and then have a custom frame made to its dimensions.

Corey   Racer [Jul 22, 1999]
Strength:

wheels, fork

I would rather have a Huffy frame.

The Trek 8900 frame is far more superior, the attention to detail is unmatched. Genesis geometry is alright.

Similar Products Used: Trek 8900
m.magoo   Weekend Warrior [Apr 09, 1999]
Strength:

Bontrager wheelset
Time pedals
Easton frame
Fisher warranty

Cheesy gold graphics stickers
Paint quality?
Poor man's Procaliber

I've own a 97 Hoo Koo E Koo for two years now, and it was time to move on. That bike was very reliable and it never let me down. Rims and paint were only fair, that all. This Supercaliber I'm hoping will do me even better. Genesis is ok for me. I've only had this bike for a week and I don't understand what all this stiff frame and uncomfortable ride is all about on Fisher Program hardtails. I will post another update soon. This Fisher ROCK'S. It's lite, It's fast, It's blue.....It's a FISHER. Belle Machine Gary ;)

Similar Products Used: Specialized S-Works M4
jc   Cross-Country Rider [May 04, 1999]
Strength:

wheels,frame,fork

great bike for the money! no upgrades needed

Similar Products Used: trek 8900
Maciej   Cross Country Rider [Jan 17, 2001]
Strength:

- light and it feels
- Bontrager ceramic wheels (and resulting braking performance)
- geometry (I guess it is individual, I am 6"3' and bought 19' frame)
- atac pedals are brilliant!

Let me work on this one. A! the supplied brake pads where crap.

Great bike. This is my first aluminium bike and it is nowhere near as hard as I feared it would be. Genesis geometry works for me.
The price was steep but I do not regret a single $ (or DEM as the case may be) - it is a great XC machine and I love it!
Makes me want to cry it is winter and my weekends are spent skiing instead of climbing hills on it (that is why I took the time to write the above).

Similar Products Used: GF Aquila '98 - previous bike
Specialized Stumjumper FXR XC - demoed only - not bad
GF Sugar 3 - demoed only - comfortable but feels too heavy
Drew Whitehead   Racer [Jun 12, 2000]
Strength:

This is a way light bike. The frame has lived up to my hard hard riding(broke brake arch off judy sl and popped 6 spokes out of rear wheel)even though it is made for cc racing i used it more for a dual slalom bike.

Wish it had more tire clearance by the chainstays. Even though the frame cracked it is because of the 6 foot jumps and dropoffs which it wasn't made for.

This is an excellent bike for XC racing and riding. But I used it for that then did dual slalom for it and the frame and MOST of the components are still stock. If XC rider get it! If dual slalom rider get a different bike!!!

Similar Products Used: GT timberline FS, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Trek 8500LT, Trek Y3, Trek YGlide, K2 Animal, and don't forget good old POS huffys!!!
Dusty   Cross Country Rider [Mar 14, 2000]
Strength:

The XT components, Bontrager Racelites, SX Ti fork, and Genesis geometry.

Immpossible to find one. Ok I guess the barends suck but that is personal preference.

I love this bike. It is super fast, light, and climbs like a dream. The Genesis geometry may get some bad feedback, but I really like it, because it corners smooth and makes climbing easier. Also the MRD lock out is great for sprinting, and climbing. I don't race or anything, but I can't imagine a recreational rider needing anything more. This bike delivers and I couldn't be happier, and since I bought mine new for $1800.00 I feel I got a good deal.

Similar Products Used: Trek 6000
Brian   Cross-Country Rider [Sep 20, 1999]
Strength:

You name it.
Marzoochi Bomber fork
Components
GENESIS GEOMETRY!!
Time Clipless Pedals

None yet

This bikes is the knarliest ride I have had in a long time. I moved up from a Ho-koo-ee-koo (w/o Genesis). I rode about 5 bikes before purchasing this one. I love the Genesis Geometry. I am 6'4 and this is the most comfortable ride I have ever had. This thing climbs like you wouldn't believes, and gets down anything faster than a $2 prostitute. The zoochi fork is the best fork I have ever ridden. Itliked it much better than either head shock or rock shock. It sucks bumps quick as you can hit them. If you are looking for an all out sweet ride, go Fisching with Genesis (any model) If you are tall, you will appreciate it.

Similar Products Used: Trek
Cannondale F1000
GT Zaskar, Avalanche LE
Schwin Homegrown Comp
Bob   Racer [Jul 25, 1999]
Strength:

light, agile, unique geometry, wheelset

tires?

i was cautious testing this bike on a 15 mile trail. the genesis geometry felt strange at first, but i adapted. it really works (for me)! this bike flew through everything with poise and grace. the tires (racing raptors) made me a bit nervous, but handled very well. it climbs like a monkey, and the aluminum frame is not as harsh as i would expect.
a very fast, race ready bike right out of the box.