Diamondback 2000 Sorrento Sport Hardtail Bike

2000 Sorrento Sport

mountain bike, front suspension, Mountain Mix components, SR M6200 fork

dick hurtzbadlypleasejackit   Racer [Aug 07, 2001]
Strength:

hey big boy ill ride u like a toy ill let u jiggle if i wiggle holla for a dolla

girl no u isnt i love that big oll seatpost i use it for other things winkwinkwink big boy

buy it it wiggles while u giggle yeah big boy

Similar Products Used: panuspump testacle saver
Kevin   Weekend Warrior [Jul 26, 2001]
Strength:

stiff frame, price, brakes

wheels, saddle, pedals, fork, components

i'm satisfied with the bike. i had to put more money into it than i paid for it to make it decent (back wheel buckled on first ride), and i still haven't done anything to the drivetrain (which sucks) but i think what is most important is the frame, which is reasonably light and sturdy. also, the "made in usa" sticker evades some of the guilt of riding something that was made in a chinese sweat shop, even though it probably still was. i don't see any need for something more. as long as i don't know what a better bike is like, i'll be fine. oh, and what's with my shock? i got an rst 156la while everyone else seems to have something else.

freddie willard   Racer [Nov 28, 2000]
Strength:

This bike whoops ass. I rode it to hell and back, and it would not stop. The frame is stiff, and flies when you put the pedal down. I smoked my friends with their yuppie Treks and Schwinns. This is a tough as it gets.

The seat ripped on the first rock that it hit.

If you want to get ripped off, buy another bike. This bike is as good as it gets without a ton of money. The tires stick real good in the mud. My buddies spin their wheels while I blow right by them on my Diamondback. Compare and you will see.

Similar Products Used: Trek, Schwinn, Huffy
Reagan   [Oct 29, 2000]

Same info applies as my last posting. Correction to gearing, 21 speeds, 8 speed shifter. Also not a cassette but freewheel. Rear no name donkey doo hub will loosen (a lot) causing the wheel to flex on climbs. To fix this I must get a new rear wheel, hub and cassette. Might as well get a whole new wheelset when I have money to throw around. This bike is not intended for heavy duty people. I am still satisfied for the price of which I had paid for it but.......

eric   Weekend Warrior [Oct 22, 2000]
Strength:

good basic set up for first time rider,brakes work to good.
21 speed shifts smooth.

easy to break first time out,only had a month and did a face-first. Shocks can really bounce you. could be smooth with a seat shock and user friendly seat.

compared to mongoose,and low price treks this is the way to go. add about 50.00 dollars in add-ons and this is the bike you can ride on all day.Overall anyone looking for a entry level bike should look at DB line.

Similar Products Used: none
Reagan   Cross Country Rider [Oct 21, 2000]
Strength:

Price/Appearance/Fork/Brakes/24 Speed instead of 21 as stated in reviews and DB site

Cassette/No-Name Hubs

This bike works well for probably the average sized person. It is an excellent price especially for someone on a budget, i.e. "TEENS". I am 6'4" and 260 pounds. I have some problems when going uphill with the rear tire rubbing, maybe the frame tweaking to one side or maybe the rim. I have also already broke a tooth off the rear cassette. Whether that is a flaw in the cassette or me cranking too hard, you be the judge. Overall a good bike for the price, average if not below average components, ie..Alevio and Acera and maybe not built as well for large framed people.

Similar Products Used: None
Adam Simon   Cross Country Rider [Jun 28, 2000]
Strength:

Light frame, the shock is very solid for a $300 bike, good
brakes

You get shafted on the cheap shimano derailliers. The wheel
set may give you some problems. The bike doesn't handle a hard trail ride very well. Can't take much abuse

You can't so much better for $300. This was my first front suspension hardtail, and it has done very well for me. Any beginners who aren't hardcore trail riders and who don't abuse the bike much, I highly recommend it. If you are hardcore, spend more money on something that takes abuse. I'm looking into it.
Later

Similar Products Used: none
Quincy Lin   Cross Country Rider [Apr 25, 2000]
Strength:

A very rigid, stable frame and hefty wheels. Breaks are very responsive as well as the shocks.

No casing around the chains, dirties pants easily. Seat is not very giving.

Great bike for its price. Handles well, gets you from point A to B. No worries!

Richard Hanus   Weekend Warrior [Mar 07, 2000]
Strength:

Brakes, Fit, Shifters

Weight, Front shock

This bike can do nearly anything. I've taken into places I'm sure it was not designed to go. This bike doesn't claim to be anything more than an entry level ride for those of us who like to fool around off-road and have a great time. I have ridden the Womble Trail in Arkansas on this bike and had no problems at all. In 2/2000 I rode the 12 Miles of Hell in Oklahoma and it performed beautifully for me, while I passed literally dozens of guys whose $2000-$5000 Klein's and 'Dales broke and left them pushing. Maybe I was just lucky, but this bike is a CAN-DO trooper. It's not meant to be a competition bike, nor a wall-climber; but if you have the skills, it won't let you down. Now if you have the $$$ and want to buy a comp-rig then go ahead, I'm sure that you'll love your carbon-titanium 20 pounder. But for those of us with the balls-to-the-wall mindset, but fewer dollars to spend, the DB Sorrento is a great value and a good performer. So it enables guys like me to get into the sport, enjoy the challenge, commune with nature, and test our manhood while still paying the utility bills. In short, this bike does everything it was designed to do, and more. But like everything in this world, it has it's limits, and I suppose, you get what you pay for. In this case that means a good, solid bike; not a screaming F/S downhiller with 5in. travel. Use your head.

Similar Products Used: Trek, Raleigh, Specialized
Jeremy Larson   Cross Country Rider [Feb 13, 2001]
Strength:

It is a good bike. It is shiny red except for some kewl yellow decals. It's very shiny. It has two wheels which make it very rideable. Also, there is a small soft patch that is perfect for sitting on, and coincidentally, there is a neat shiny bar in front of it which makes a perfect place to put my hands. My favorite part about the bike is that you can roll it downhill by itself and it never falls until it hits a fence or car.

It has a lot of confusing buttons and levers that when I touch them make it harder to pedal. Sometimes it makes it too easy to pedal. It's pretty confusing. I can't wait until they figure out how to make a bike that can pedal at one simple speed. Also, it's spokes tore up one of my dad's old baseball cards.

Great bike and a lot of fun for the money.