Diamondback 1999 Voyager II Hardtail Bike

1999 Diamondback Voyager II, mountain bike, front suspension, Shimano Alivio components, SR Suntour M-7500, 1.75" travel fork

Chuck   Downhiller [Jul 31, 2001]
Strength:

light weight stylish aluminum frame. Very comfortable gel saddle. I get many compliments on my nice ride. I love the higher riding position. Really saves the lower back on long hauls. Front shock give very good control on high speed downhills. V brakes have excellent feel. The small two finger levers are more than enough. Excellent clearance on the crossbar, lots of ballroom. I have 6" standing flat footed. 24 speed gives plenty of selection for the terrain variations. Grip shifters give very precise shifting.

The stock tires would be suitable for the prairies or somewhere really flat. They never made it out of the store. Not on my bike anyway. The grip shifters have shifted unexpectedly. This usually happens when I stand up on the petals going uphill. I forget to reposition my hand or grip further out on the handlebar.

I find that it is an excellent sport and utility bike. I have Cannodale hardshell saddle bags to fit the rear rack, and I've hauled some pretty impressive loads with it. I also ride it very hard on downhill runs. The higher riding position makes balancing much easier and gives better visibilty both for the rider, and others.

Similar Products Used: I added front shocks to a Raleigh frame and three position bar ends mounted vertically to give the higher riding position.
OVERALL