Cannondale 2001 F 200 Hardtail Bike

Davis C   Cross Country Rider [Dec 31, 2007]
Strength:

Weight: continued on from 1st Post, Just weighed my bike out of curiousity and came in just under 26 LBS! That gets a 5 from me. So why am I even thinking about a newer mountain bike for the future? It's not the weight.. I mean unless I'm actually racing, how much difference is a 3 or 4 pound difference, aside from the $3 or $4000 that I gotta pay.

See 1st post

An unexpected surprise with the weight of my bike. I mean, until my bike breaks in half, I think this bike is a keeper!

Similar Products Used: N/A
OVERALL
Davis C   Cross Country Rider [Dec 28, 2007]
Strength:

I actually like the old design single suspension frame, Tough Well-built frame, Great Design, Relatively Light, It's a Cannondale, Great Daily Commuter

If I had to complain: Occasional Poor Shifting, Gearing: Highest Gear is just a tad bit lower than I want, It's not Carbon Fiber but for $80, great deal

Great older type bike for me. I'm on the shorter side of 5'7" and I just barely make its minimum requirements for optimum performance. I just picked this up to do some daily trekkin around and light actual mountain biking in this city and I'm a new Mtn. Biking fan. For an older model bike like this, it's still relatively light, being under 30pounds.

I decided to upgrade components, because that's just me: I'll probably end up spending as much on upgrading parts, when I could probably save up for a newer one, but what's the fun in that? Great deal and I'm hooked. This bike basically gets the job done for my current needs. My only complaint is on occasional skip-shifting of the gears, but I almost got it down to a science.

Similar Products Used: N/A