Bianchi 1999 Super Bee Hardtail Bike

1999 Bianchi Super Bee, mountain bike, front suspension, Shimano Deore LX components, Marzocchi Bomber Z-3 LT, 4.0" travel fork

Mark   Racer [Apr 07, 1999]
Strength:

Great components
Solid Perfomer
Awsome Color

I can't understand why Bianchi doesn't get more respect in the mountain biking world. This is simply the best mountain bike I have ever ridden. Sure, you could probably get Shimano XTR's at this price on another bike, but the quality and craftmanship that's put into the rest of the bike more than justifies the price tag. The shifting is flawless and the frame is simply the most comfortable mountain biking frame ever as well as being incredibly strong. Of course, the Marzocchi bomber puts those shitty Manitou's and Rock Shox's to shame. Marzocchi makes the best fork in the world as anyone who's ever used one would most certainly agree. The bottom line is you're not just getting a mountain bike, you're getting a Bianchi, that's over 100 years of world class engineering with a know how and history of winning races that's just as old. You can sense that this bike is bred for champions once you take your first ascent up the mountain feeling like a tiger chasing its prey. I suspect you will be seeing a lot more Bianchi's winning in the mountains in the years to come. Sure, you can go get your Trek or Specialized, but I think that once you test ride this beauty, you'll become convinced that America is not the only country that can put together a great mountain bike.
This is the best hard tail on the market right now and this bike will not disappoint. By the way, the lime vodka color is awesome and the most eye-catching color you will see on any mountainbike. VIVA BIANCHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar Products Used: Trek 8000
Stumpjumper m2 Comp
l   Cross-Country Rider [Apr 07, 1999]

awsome!

bianchimaniac   Racer [May 02, 1999]
Strength:

The name says it all!!!!

There are none, because this bike rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Responding to Jo:
No, I do not work for Bianchi.
As far as cuddling goes, I am not even going to respond to that.
My advice: if you honestly want to review the bike, review it. But don't go bashing other people's reviews just because you think they are being too enthusiastic.
To anyone else reading this review, I must reiterate, that this is truly the best hardtail on the market. You will not be disappointed!
Rock On Bianchi!!!!!!!!!

Similar Products Used: I've tried em all, but nothing compares!
peter   Weekend Warrior [Feb 27, 2000]
Strength:

Articulation: the way each component fits and works with other components. This ride has superb articulation. Like, it articulates.

No built-in lightweight laser or busses for cell phone...in other words....NONE

I've got one and you don't. na na... n' na na

Similar Products Used: Kona, Specialized, freakinJarmis
max pentilescu   Weekend Warrior [Dec 16, 1999]
Strength:

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Come on.....ok, If i have to...the shimano LX front shifter stretches my left thumb out a little..ok?

The absolute best. It is a better bike than I am rider and it wants me to ride more and become a better rider. I've only had it a week but it has changed my riding habits. I took it out for a test ride on an oft traveled 12 mile loop, up- down, all around. Felt so dang pumped I went around again. Fantastic frame, weighted perfectly. Smooth shifting. Granny gear climbs on my last bike were now middle ring climbs..well, .maybe not so much middle, but way toward the middle. I haven't stopped smiling.

Similar Products Used: Trek 8000
Schwinn Moab
Philip   Weekend Warrior [Sep 01, 1999]
Strength:

Everythin

I truly feel sorry for all the people who purchased Specialized and Trek's. This is the best mountain bike in the world right now! Bar none! I'm very satisfied with this purchase and reccomend it anyone who takes mountain biking seriously. By the way, look at the world champion's of mountain biking. What are they riding? BIANCHI'S BABY!
LIKE THE GOOD MAN SAID.........................
.VIVA BIANCHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derek   Weekend Warrior [May 22, 1999]
Strength:

Marzocchi forks

Can't think of any.

I must say that there has been a lot of hype about this bike in these reviews. At first I was a bit skeptical about this bike because most people like myself don't usually associate Bianchi with mountain bikes. However, let me say I am pleasantly surprised at the capability of this beautifully crafted racing machine. It's the fastest and most comfortable mountain bike I've ever ridden. And the Marzocchi forks are capable of absorbing just about anything. By the way, the Shimano XT's on this bike perform the same as the XTR's, so don't let that difference determine the value of this bike. This bike is the equivalent of a Ferrari on two wheels. There's just no other way to compare it. I tried out a lot of the other bikes like the Specialized and Treks in the same price range, but nothing came even close to the handling and feel of this bike. If you're like me, and you only demand the best, spend the extra couple of hundred dollars and get this bike. You won't be disappointed!

Similar Products Used: Treks and Specialized in the same price range
mario II   Racer [May 04, 1999]
Strength:

great fork

there are non

This bike is awesome! Worth every penny!

jo   Weekend Warrior [Apr 11, 1999]
Strength:

responding to the kiss ass response by mark

hey Mark.....How long have u been sellingbikes for Bianchi?

I'm sure the bike kicks some serious ass, but come on buddy...Do you really cuddle up w/ this bike at night, or do you work for these guys.

KJL   Weekend Warrior [Jun 02, 2004]
Strength:

Great frame - good components - long travel Marzocchi fork is the bomb(er)
If you can peddle, this bike will climb wherever you point it. I don't know how to explain it, but I instantly became a better rider when I got on this bike. I clear logs that I did not before. I make climbs that I never made before. My riding did not get that much better over night. Have to give credit to this frame, fork, and set up.

I heard about bad rear hub - Ritchey - before I bought this bike. I took mine apart upon purchase (I bought bike used) and replaced the cups - both had nicks - still don't like the hub, but it is functioning just fine

Bianchi is not known for mtn bikes - that is like saying that Apple Macintosh is not known for computers -- Apple makes the best, and least known home computer - I think Bianchi is among if not the best mtn bike... I have not ridden a better bike. If you ride and can find a Bianchi, then buy it.