Avanti 2000 Competitor Hardtail Bike

• shimano xt
  • disc or v-brakes

• User Reviews (4)

Al   Cross Country Rider [Jun 27, 2001]
    Strength:

Ability to go faster up a hill than any other bike. Suited to people who want to get somwhere in a hurry.

Pure speed. In the value for money stakes, it's mile ahead. Color rules, and geometry rules. My medium frame weights 10kg, say no more.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale F1000
    Clayton Locke   Cross Country Rider [May 08, 2001]
    Strength:

Very light, nice components, nice shocks, nice colour. :)

It still only goes as fast as my legs can push it.

Although I've only taken it out for a decent ride once so far, I was most impressed. The disc brakes are bedding in nicely, the shocks work a wonder (compared to my old Rockshox XC), and it was a bargain! Last year's model for $3,300 (australian) was a pretty good deal too.

Similar Products Used: Avanti hammer
    Olof Eriksson   Cross Country Rider [Jul 29, 2001]
    Strength:

Light, fast and easy handling, beautiful color, value for money

Altough the color is beautiful (so much better than this years white), it easily "comes off". There should have been some kind of protecting layer on top of the blue colorlayer..

From the first moment I rode the bike, I knew "this is the bike for me". It felt like the frame was developed directly for me. Avanti is really not common i Sweden, which is to bad.. or maybe not, it's a bike that gets noticed, wich suits my ego ;-)

Spike Nixon   Cross Country Rider [May 07, 2001]
    Strength:

wicked ass bike no faults what so ever.

none that i know of....

Top bike there is to ride. i bought the frame for $700 and built the bike to be the best bike ever. it is a highly technical bike that should never be doubted. My bike has been in 20 races and still going strong as ever.