Aegis 1999 Brutus Comp Hardtail Bike

1999 Brutus Comp

1999 Aegis Brutus Comp, mountain bike, front suspension, Shimano Deore XT components, Rock Shox Judy XC, 3.15" travel fork

Strat Man   Cross-Country Rider [Apr 05, 1999]
Strength:

Bulletproof.
Lifetime Guarantee.
Sweet Ride.
Beautiful Finish.
Carbon Fiber = Strong & Supple

need more mud clearance on lower chainstay/BB area.not cheap.

There is no better cross country bike in the dry; mud seems to collect behind the BB, though. Amazing ride - the absolute toughest bike i've ridden. Takes all the abuse that would make any aluminum or titanium bike fall to pieces.

Similar Products Used: you name it.
Brian Pollackski   cross-country rider [Jan 15, 1999]

Damn good bike, A-OK in my book. I like cheese, I like ice cream too. My favorite is Coffee flavored. Hagen Daz makes the best ice cream there is. I hate that wanna-be Ben and Jerry's CRAP. I wouldn't wipe my ass with that ice cream. I once caught a fish too, we didn't eat it though. Threw it back.

PAUL RHODES   racer [Jan 15, 1999]

This is the best hard tail I have ridden. I have one of the older models with a 1 headset, the new ones have 1 1/8. It is not the lighest carbon frame around, but that is a good thing since it will never brake. My twin has the exact same thing and was hit by a Mustang last week. the only this that happened to the frame was some paint got chipped off. Aegis and our local dealer, S&W sports, are replaceing it though for safety sake through the crash replacement warranty. Aegis has a LIFETIME warranty on there frames, and a Crash replacement which will get you a new frame for a lot less than retail in case you mess it up real bad. Aegis knows carbon fiber, they own three patents on the frame construction. I had an M2 before, which was a little bit quicker in the the tight stuff, but beat the crap out of my back. I have it built up with a good list of stuff and it comes in at just over 23lbs. No stupid light stuff, but light stuff that will last. I you want a racing hardtail or a smooth riding trail bike then I would check out Aegis. Hardtails rule!!!