VooDoo 1999 Canzo AL Full Suspension Bike

VooDoo 1999 Canzo AL Full Suspension Bike

1999 VooDoo Canzo AL, mountain bike, front & rear suspension, Shimano Deore LX/XT components, Rock Shox Judy 100, 4.0" travel fork

[Mar 16, 2006]
Adrian Ayala

Strength:

it's a great bike i luv it
also shimano deore xt , manitou magnum , fox vanilla , maxxis larsen , shimano xtr , titec

no one

well i just love this bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

titus , airborne

[Jan 10, 2001]
RYAN CAMPBELL

Strength:

This bike is not strong?

Tubes, travel, shock

After my 2nd warrantied frame I recived due to snaping the headubes off(I don't use a triple crown!)I was puting the 3rd frame on my stand and the toptube bent becauce of the squeezing of the clamp. How can these frames be so heavy and still brake or bend? Don't buy it. It is not xc bike and it isn't freeride what can you use it for?

'89 huffy

[Sep 05, 2000]
Chris Evans

Strength:

Strong,Unusual,versatile odd but cool looking

Became an even better bike after i replaced the RS super deluxe with a Cane Creek AD10,it transformed the ride.Its good uphill(I'm not) its great downhill and on very technical steep singletrack(my favourite)and it allows me to drag me battered 30 year old body on longer and longer rides.Buy one buy two just buy one.

Proflex 856,857,Ballistic something or other.

[Aug 04, 2000]
TJ

Strength:

Quite active for a unified design. Stiff front triangle. Excellent value for "custom" bike. Don't see three at every trailhead!

REAR SHOCK!!!! Rock Shox SuerDeluxe is absolute piece of garbage! I'm on my 2nd or 3rd shock and 5th (?) overall rebuild. Listen me and the mags, these shocks are time bombs waiting to blow...their seals that is. BTW, I'm only 155lbs and ride well within the limits of what a $2500, 4" bike should be able to do. Also, flexy rear triangle ("seatstays" bend when sqeeze brakes) and cheap Titec seatpost (also bent). No seat post QR.

A great bike for all-around riding...from rolly singletrack to tight & technical to urban stair-bombing. This thing came to life with the 4" Bomber (replaced 2.5" Z2), shorter/higher rise stem and some decent tires. Even geared toward the "freeride" side of the spectrum, mine weighs about 30-31 lbs. Not the most active or long travel bike out there, but certainly would carry my recommendation, with exception of the rear shock. When my Canzo gets relieved from full time duty later this year (hello Titus Quasimoto!), it won't be put up for sale. If Voodoo would sh!t-can the Rock Shox this bike would rate higher, but that hunk of crap has to be factored into the value rating :(

[Jun 28, 2000]
matt

Strength:

Climbs very well for a FS, and rockets downhill, handling exceptionally well on tight turns and any kind of terrain.

None found so far

If you've got the money - and you ride enough to justify spending it (be honest) - this bike deserves a serious look. I got a killer deal on a showroom model, but it's well worth the MSR and then some. I just put it through its paces in the Sierras, and it shredded everything those mountains could dish out.

Diamondbacks, treks, specialized, and others.

[Jun 21, 2000]
mrloki

Strength:

this is a great bike it can clime great and going downhill is fun it turns tight and can handdle almost anything you point it at

bobs alot when hammering it up hill, had to upgrade the shock for my fat a$$

this bike is good stuff i love it if you can get one then go for it i have always loved voodoo bikes and when i could get one i jumped all over it all i can say is that voodoo makes a great bike that can do anything this is a great all around bike

a bunch

[Jul 18, 2001]
james johnston

Strength:

design, weight

welds

I was all ready to give this bike a great review. After many different setups, I had it dialed. Although it was a small bike, it worked great for general freeride activities. However, all that changed when the frame cracked and ripped at the seatstay/shockmount. So much for that. Anyway, it was free, and it rode nicely while it lasted, but I wouldn't buy one.

[Jun 26, 2000]
BIG LOU

Strength:

This bike is close to my Yamaha YZ-125 Motocross machine!! When I'm not roosting my YZ, I take this VooDoo and thrash it hard and it takes it like a man. I have broken 2 swing-arms and a 1997 CanzoAL Frame, but I ride HARD. VooDoo replaced everything no-questions-asked after thrashing for 2 years. They are a first class company that builds the best bikes out there. Forget about the money, you only live once and ride a few times a week! The 1999 Canzo is sweet looking and better than my 1997. They keep making them better!

VooDoo doesn't pat me to ride so I actually have to work!

If you ever rode motocross, this bike is the closest thing to a motocross bike and is just as fun to ride. Buy one without thinking twice.

Yamaha YZ 125 Motocross Machine

[Jul 26, 2003]
jayson robertson

Strength:

nice on dh active rear suspension

weight, creaky frame

good bike for the money, unique design, could use better rear shock

[Jul 13, 2000]
trent

Strength:

good price, strong frame dimensions, hex free, component options

weight

took a few rides to get the rear adjusted. climbed quite well and smooth, oh but the downhill was were it was at. very smooth, quick turning, easy to adjust body to bike frame as terrain varied. very solid ride!

trek y-bikes, specialized fsr