Ti Cycles 1999 Skookum Full Suspension Bike

1999 Ti Cycles Skookum, mountain bike, front & rear suspension, Shimano XTR components, Rock Shox Judy SL, 3.15" travel fork

copylatte   Cross Country Rider [Sep 03, 2012]
Strength:

Skookum = strength. I purchased from a 6'5" triathlete and bike looks barely ridden. Tough as nails and rides like a dream with xlnt geometry and feel. Bushings need replacement every once in a while....mine don't squeak much. I'm 6'0 and ride a large and it just feels like it is on rails. 2.0 shock in back and 4" in front and it can take a beating.

Bushings replacement...not that big of a deal, but some maintenance required. Also do not prefer XT group...no disc brakes in back.

Excellent ride and if you can find one pick it up on the cheap. Looks great and is BEEFY. Handles speed well and is stiff on the climbs. For some reason prefer over Giant NRS, Gary Fisher, and others....Just like the bike.

chris mcfarland   Racer [Oct 10, 2000]
Strength:

This bike rocks. Its light, very strong, and well designed.
It could probably climb a telephone pole if you tried. Plus I also received a free fitting with my purchase. HEEEHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear that the older skookums had problems with the main pivot. I bought the model with a much improved roller bearing pivot with a purgable grease fitting. It only takes
four minutes and twenty seconds to overhaul the pivot!!!!!

if you want a bike with real soul, buy a skookum. This bike has opened new doors for me. I was a hardtail lover but now there is a new love in my life.

Similar Products Used: ellsworth truth
(cringe)gt i drive
JOHN   Cross Country Rider [Jun 07, 2000]
Strength:

UNIQUE FRAME DESIGN, STRONG, PIVOT IN FRONT OF BOTTOM BRACKET. NO BOBBING OR PEDAL INDUCED SUCKING. RIDES LIKE A HARD TAIL. CLIMBS GREAT.

MAIN PIVOT SEEMS TO WEAR OUT FAST. I'M ON MY THIRD BUSHING, ALTHOUGH IT ONLY TAKES ABOUT 15 MINUTES TO CHANGE AND ABOUT $10.00 WORTH OF PARTS. IT'S WORTH IT.

THE BIKE IS GREAT TO RIDE, IT'S LIGHT, IT HAS A HIGHER BOTTOM BRACKET THAN MOST OTHER BIKES AND LIKE THE ADD SAYS IT EATS LOGS FOR BREAKFAST AND CLIMBS LIKE A DEER. AND IT REALLY DOES. I RIDE IN THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST WHERE THERE IS ALWAYS MUD AND WATER AND THIS BIKE JUST SEEMS TO RIDE ON THRU IT. OUTSIDE OF THE MAIN PIVOT I CAN'T COMPLAIN. MY FRIEND FOUND THE BIKE ON THE INTERNET AND MY WIFE (YES MY WIFE) ACTUALLY BOUGHT IT FOR ME! $1260 FOR A FULL SUPENSION AND FULL XT COMPONETS IS A DEAL I THINK. TI-CYCLES IS A LOCAL DEALER AND SPECILIZES IN CUSTOM TI BIKE FRAMES. THEY WERE GREAT TO DEAL WITHAND VERY SUPPORTIVE.