Storm 2000 Racing Cycles Corner Worker Full Suspension Bike

2000 Racing Cycles Corner Worker

mountain bike, front & rear suspension, Mountain Mix components, White Brothers DS-3, 3.5" travel fork

FungusAmongus   [Sep 27, 2001]
Strength:

Jumps like no other bike. Short chainstays make it handle like a BMX. Build quality seems excellent. The rear suspension design may seem wierd with the bb on the triangle, but you don't notice it swinging around. It also prevents pedal actuation of the suspension, and there is minimal bobbing.

Customer service at Storm is a definate concern. I bought this as a demo. Storm claimed that it was "absolutley dialed." It arrived missing parts from the MRP and the headset. I called twice about this with no reply. Also, the cables and housing needed to be replaced. I fear dealing with these people. They were certainly friendly before the sale, but this is the last I have heard from them.

ABSOLUTELY the most fun bike I have owned. The first day I got it together, I was hitting jumps as big or bigger than on my familiar bikes. The front end really plows in soft stuff, but I just gotta get used to the geometry--late braking on this bike swings the back around pretty quick, but I just dont feel like I carry speed with this bike too well. Despite the low clearance, the bike is a buttery freerider. Big drops and stairs are great on this bike. I give it 4 overall. Awesome bike, but the sketchy service prevents a perfect score.

Similar Products Used: Kona Stinky Deelux, Kona DuDu, Santa Cruz Ruckus, Specialized P3
OVERALL
John Ramsay   [Mar 30, 2001]
Strength:

Light weight. Adjustable travel. Magic on the corners. Rare.
No acceleration bob.

Expensive. No free hat.

Brilliant for sprinting due to the lightweight construction and zero bob. Suspension can easily be adjusted from 3-4.5 inches of travel (with one in between). The high price tag is worth it for the indredible performance, and exclusivity.
Takes the bite out of a bad jump without disrupting the launch.

Similar Products Used: Planet X dual slalom frame.
OVERALL