Norco 2001 VPS Launch Full Suspension Bike

Norco 2001 VPS Launch Full Suspension Bike

[Mar 23, 2002]
Mike ...
Downhiller

Strength:

Everything.. it's basically a lighter DH frame.

None.

This is a rad bike, for a rad value... I've had mine for a year, and not a single problem. No stress cracks, or anything. Make the upgrades like I did, and u will have yourself a sweet freeride, jumping, DH bike. Norcos rule, they are made in Canada, Canada rules, so buy a norco.

Anything you can think of.

[Oct 02, 2001]
Jim

Strength:

Beefy Frame and plush suspension let this bike handle everything from slow technical to 6 foot drops. Bomber fork is much better than the Psylo on my other bike. Overall component selection is good for the price. Adjustable seat post is nice also.

Can only be purchased from one dealer in USA. The grimeca disc brakes suck, nearly killed me at mammoth down a steep hill (my vee brakes work better). After inspection I realized the fluid heated up so much that some overflowed onto the disc.

This bike kicks a$$, handles like a dream and can suck up just about anything you throw at it as long as you don't need to stop. Actually the brakes should work fine after I clean them off, but I will not be racing downhill until I put a set of Hayes on.

Warning - This bike can only be purchased at Landrys if you live in the USA. They are back east and had to ship the bike UPS to CA. UPS sucks royally and dragged my bike behind the truck for 3000 miles. The frame was dented on the plastic graphics, both disc rotors were bent, derailer hanger and cable broken. I called Landrys and these guys were top notch especially Patrick Geden. I told him I was going to Mammoth in 2 weeks and needed the parts ASAP. He sent me all the parts 2 day air even before UPS approved the claim. In case I did not get my point across UPS sucks even if they did make good on the claim.

K2, Specialized - not enough travel

[Sep 21, 2001]
craig nnot tellin
Downhiller

Strength:

plush, plush plush. great on technical downhills and big drops. A truly north shore worthy bike

r u kiddin me

buy this bike! It is definetely worth what you pay.except if you're some sort of cross country, leg shavin queer

the other vps bikes

[Oct 16, 2001]
Jer

Strength:

Amazing stability and balance at low speed.
Stop on a dime, all the time, even when it is really wet and muddy! Inspires confidence!

None discovered yet! Well the QR20 fork is a hassle for my fork mount roof rack.

yeah baby! If you like drops, are into all the north shore ramps, A-frames, teeter-totters and catwalks, enjoy steep and fast technical downs then this bike will deliver. Spend the extra $$ and upgrade from the Grimeca brakes to Hayes, trust me, it is worth it!

Cannondale Super V
GT I-Drive

[Jul 11, 2001]
Joe W
Downhiller

Strength:

Takes an ass kicking but still holds up through some hard riding

Could have a liitle more travel and the wheels(WTB motoraptors)are the worst I have ever used.
I had trouble keeping the chain on through very rough riding

buy it ,good for the $
Get rid of the motoraptors and get Maxxis
and to solve the chain problem I got an MRP and now the bikes great!

Giant AC1

[Jun 09, 2001]
Al
Downhiller

Strength:

THIS BIKE IS SOOOOO AWESOME, IT DOES SWEET WHEELIE DROPS, GREAT FOR LAUNCHING STUFF, THIS BIKE IS JUST AN OVERALL GOOD BIKE THAT HAS GRIMECA DISCS, XT, ETC.

NONE, THIS BIKE HAS PLENTY OF SUSPENSION, 5 UP FRONT ABOUT 6 IN THE REAR

BUY THIS BIKE, IT IS SOOO SWEET GREAT FOR EVERYTHING, AN ALL AROUND AWESOME BIKE! WORTH A LOT MORE THAN U BUY IT 4

NONE, THIS BIKE IS ONE OF A KIND

[Jun 06, 2001]
ANdrew
Downhiller

Strength:

long travel.good handling and control, very comfterble

hill climbing do to only having 9 speeds

awesome bike for any hardcore who doesnt have a fat wallet.great for them north shore drops and other extreme terrain.i would highly rcomend this bike for anyone looking into buying a full suspension bike.

cannondale jekyl

[Mar 18, 2002]
Sandy
Downhiller

Strength:

Solid Frame and BOMBERS ARE SWEET! solid crank, GRIMECA PARTS ARE REALLY HARD TO GET! NICE RIDE

um nothing,

Buy this bike if you want a solid rig thats not gonna break and you don't wanna have to buy parts over and over again. BUY A NORCO! STRONG

[May 06, 2002]
Crash

Strength:

Bomb proof! You can still ride it cross country and bomb the DH's. Big drops are a breeze at speed. Nobody else around has a Norco.

Grimeca's are iffy, but they have held up well so far...

This bike rocks if you don't have tons of money, want an all mountain bike that you can ride cross country on but still bomb the downhills and take drops with out you or the bike breaking. Triple crowns suck, get a 1.5!

Karpiel, too heavy; Dare, expensive, weak frame;

[Aug 17, 2004]
jesse macdonald
Downhiller

Strength:

Extremely strong and rugged
Very reliable

Had some problems with my sunn doublewides
Nothing that is norco's fault

The bike the most bulletproof ive seen.Never flinches.Only complaint, my setup weighs in at 47 pounds. ouch! Major leg/back burner.Still the most fun and most popular canadian ever.A must have(or at least try)!Buy it if you love to play,run if you love to climb.

nothing really