KHS 2000 FXT Trail Full Suspension Bike

KHS 2000 FXT Trail Full Suspension Bike

mountain bike, front & rear suspension, Mountain Mix components, SE Sport Suspension fork

[Dec 10, 2001]
Ryan

Strength:

Price was OK, frame appears to be really strong....

HEAVY, around 36 lbs. Components are not very great, but for under $300 and full suspension you can't expect much. Riding position feels more like a hybrid type bike than a true mountain bike. New, straight handlebars and a longer stem are almost a must if you want to ride up any kind of hill and keep the front end on the ground. Did I mention that it's HEAVY???

You can pick these up very cheaply on Ebay, I saw one go for around 200 last weekend. For that, it's not bad. But if you are a serious rider, or want to be, go for something else. Way too heavy to do much with, although it doesn't feel all that heavy when riding it.

Giant Warp DS-2, KHS FXT Sport (99 model)

[Apr 30, 2001]
Paul Davis

Strength:

I did not get a good chance to really ride the bike enough to form a position on strengths

I was test riding the bike and as I was riding off a curb I heard a snap. When I looked down I saw a seperation at the weld where the down tube connects to the seat tube. This may have been a faulty weld. This area of the frame is aluminum and the weld was faulty.

I was concerned with the 2001 design and the quality control on the new model. I also tested a 2000 model and it did not break. I feel the design of the older model is better and because it is chrom-moly, it would be stronger. I would not want to say that my experience is totally representative of all 2001 frames.

Purchased a K2 Attack 2.0

[Mar 28, 2001]
MIDNITE

Strength:

I love the frame design, and the handling of the bike

Crappy components

After the upgrades this bike kicks ass.......... the only downfall the i have have noticed is that is does not climb well. After i put a new crank on it, well lets just see what happens.

Gary Fisher

[Oct 04, 2000]
Chris Petroff

Strength:

Overall the bike is very decent for the price......the frame itself is light and can take one hell of a beating.....

inexpensinve compenents......but they still are a good buy for the price........

This bike is a must for the price........The frame is a definete to up grade into a serious racing machine......Out of the box is great for entry level riders.......This one is a must

Gary Fisher