K2 Bike K2 Razorback Team SL Full Suspension Bike

K2 Bike K2 Razorback Team SL Full Suspension Bike

Reach a new point of enlightenment. At an ethereal 23 pounds, the Team SL is one of the lightest, stiffest full suspension bikes in the world. Get ready to feel like you're moving between spiritual and physical planes without meditating. The Team SL is your personal vessel to off-road nirvana.

[Jul 05, 2003]
Jon Romanov

Strength:

Bought the frame and rear shox only. Very light and love the remote lockout on the rear.

No available replacements from noleen and cant find them on the net.

This bike looks great and rides even better than it looks. If you want to build a great xc mountainbike I recomend you start with a great frame!!!!!

[Jul 03, 2002]
Heath

Strength:

On-the-fly lockout, Excelent component spec's, Great Climber, Trusty Descender.

No after-market option for rear shock

Love it! My Razorback team SL fits me like a glove and feels more comfortable than my old bike that I had for seven years. With the rear locked out it climbs the smooth stuff like a hardtail and when the road gets rocky just open up the suspension and it will climb better than any bike on the market. Descending on the Razorback is a blast! It's no freeride machine but I've taken some small drops (2'-3') and the K2 just asks for more. I can go on those day-long epics that I only read about when I owned a hardtail. As Far as Durability goes, I'm a pretty big player in this bike game (6'3" 295lbs) and this bike has held up just fine although I will probably replace the stock mavic 517's with some Rhyno Lites. Anyone who is looking for a full suspension XC machine that can handle some trail riding should Ignore all the magazine hype and look into this bike.

Sugar 2, Jekyll

[Jul 17, 2002]
pascal

Strength:

very light. Rock solid. Good components

none so far

I used this bike in heavy condition in a Bolivian treck, It went through all the condition, mud, rain, dust (a lot). Rock solid, the Neoleen worked like a charm. Only worry, upgrade the cable with Gore-Tex. It was my first experience with a full susp. not the last one, the lockout is very usefull.

[Jan 06, 2002]
Brooks Farris

Strength:

On the Fly Rear Lock Out Suspension
Beautiful frame welds

lower end K2's front Noleen snocks
handle bar grips that came spec were worthless

Bike climbs like a billy goat.

Stiff frame and responsive suspension requires an aggressive rider to appreciate. As one rider once observed, you have to "pump up the volume" to make this K2 really work. Since I ride XC, alot of my efforts go into pedaling up hill. I figured that is where most of my money shoud go.

Rear lock out makes it a hard tail. Full suspension lets me go wide open down hill.

Who should buy it? If you're gonna spend this kinda cash, you know who you are.

The bottom line. Get a bike and ride. Full suspension keeps your wheels on the ground and thats means you have control. Rear wheel bobbing sucks, rear lock out rules!

Peace out....

Giant NRS, Cannondale V2000, Santa Cruz Superlight

[Jul 24, 2002]
james

Strength:

Featherlight, on the fly rear shock lockout, can ride with roadies if you are bored, easy maintainance, overall just a darn good looking bike

the paint is sooo thin, looks good though. Product support from K2 is really sloooow!

I had a crash due to some spinergy xyclone wheels that the rear hub locked up on causing my K2 5000 to acordian. The frame bent i 5 different spots. Spinergy hosed me and said tough luck, buy a new frame. The bike shop that sold me the rims said they wash their hands of spinergy, so I am S.O.L. K2 said they would do a crash replacement with a new 2002 razorback team carbon for $550 or 2001 team for $400. This news came 5 weeks after the crash. My buddies were bragging how good the riding was, so in the meantime I bought a leftover 2001 Razorback team. My wife's lucky I met her before this bike came along. I'm 6'2" and 205 Lbs. This is an AWESOME bike. I am used to riding proflex, even though each one I've owned has had a defect (cracked botom bracked, cracked down tube). Each bikes geometry was different from the last but I have found the learning curve to be very short. This by far the best bike that K2 has made for XC riders. I ride mud, hard pack, tons of roots, steeps, massive rock gardens, tight singletrack and this bike is the tops in every area. The only drawback is that the cockpit is a little big for me on a waybig so I bought a 0 degree, shorter stem than what came stock. the front end is very light and keeps coming up on climbs so that's why I went with the 0 degree stem. Hopefully this will put a little more weight over the front wheel. The only other complaint is that the headtube is 6.5" which makes me feel like I'm a clown riding a freekin circus 3 wheeler. Since K2 offered me the 2002 carbon razorback, I'll buy it but go for the large frame. This will also lighten the bike significantly. My 2001 team weighs in at just under 25 Lbs so I expect the carbon to be sub 24. Yeehaw! Buy this bike if you want to improve your riding skill due to increased confidence. You will never ride up to this bikes potential.

Proflex 856, k2 5000